Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lucys mum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-04-2011, 08:49 AM

Run free my beautiful baby Lucy

Hi a friend suggested that I register on here to hopefully get some kind of help, as I'm going through a very difficult time. My beautiful 15yr 7month old yorkie/cavalier king charles dog fell asleep 10 days ago and I am totally devastated, I just cant believe shes not here with me anymore, I know this sounds crazy but I'm still putting fresh water in her bowl every day. We first saw Lucy when she was 4 weeks old and brought her home with us when she was 7 weeks old, we got her to help my daughter who was 6 at the time, recover from a serious illness, my daughter is now 22 so as you can imagine Lucy has been a massive part of our lives. Lucy had never been ill before but on christmas eve she had some kind of fit, she had various tests which revealed she had a heart murmur and some tumours, you would never of guessed that she was ill though as she was still being her usual mad self!!! On the 25th february her breathing suddenly got very heavy, the vets kept her in overnight and when I rang in the morning they said that she was very poorly and that we should go and say 'goodbye'. When we got to the vets they told us that she was'nt well enough to take home but we just could'nt let her die in that awful cage so we brought her home, when we got home she went straight out into the garden and started walking around!!! It was a miracle. Over the next few days we gradually got her eating again and built her strength up, we nursed her back to a worthwhile life again with absolute love. Lucy was with us for a further 7 precious weeks but on the 15th April we could just tell that she had had enough so we had to make the biggest decision of our lives. She is now asleep in our garden with her favourite toy and solar lights around her and also we've just planted a rose named Lucy which is standing right next to her. Not sure how I have managed to get through these past 10 days, in fact every day I feel its getting worse.

Diane
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-04-2011, 10:07 AM
I am so sorry for your loss, and having lost my boy last month I know exactly how you are feeling.

I can only say , it will get better, the sorrow of losing our beloved pets, never goes away, but it will ease as time go by, I have good and bad days, some days now I can go without thinking about him, other days, I can break down , on remembering a memory, a look he would give , a picture , anything that reminds me of him.

I think the cycle of grief does get worse , before it gets better, the immediate days during and after the event, you are to caught up in the "happening" you get on with it, you know you have to do A.B.C and we dont really leave ourselves much time for grief, then we wake up one morning and it hits you, your pet is not there , and the reality of their death is hard to take, I would think you are very much in that moment now,

I can only tell you what Idid, I removed his water , food bowl, bed, the next day, looking at them made my worse than not looking at them. so maybe you should do that.

I have photos , his collar and other mementos to remind me of him, but the everyday routine stuff, I found hard to cope with.

Don't be afraid to cry and get upset, its all part of the grieving period, try to remember the good times, (they will still give you a teary moment or two), take to people, but pick those who understand, no point in talking to those who cant empathise, the more you talk and remember the better it is...

Not sure if you have another dog in the house, if you dont, then it may be an idea to think about bringing another in, it will help ease your pain, everyone is different on that, some people feel they have to do it straight away, others cant and have to wait ... there is no right or wrong, it will all depend on you and how you feel.

There are plenty of us here who have been in your postion, so if it helps , talk away, we can all empathise with you.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-04-2011, 10:21 AM
Sorry for your loss
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

26-04-2011, 10:31 AM
I'm sorry for your loss
She was a good age and has obviously left a massive gap in your life, be kind to yourself, bawl your eyes out and maybe consider another dog to help heal the pain. Personally I'm like a lost soul without a dog in my life so would get another pretty swiftly whereas some need longer to grieve. I've always found it doesn't stop you grieving but is a wonderful distraction and nothing makes me smile again like puppy antics.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2011, 11:01 AM
Im so sorry for your loss, I hope in time your memories will be a consolation that you had her in your life for so long.

Most of us know what your going through, allow the grieving procedure though as you need that to heal your heart xxxxxxxxxx

RIP Lucy may you run free now at Rainbow Bridge xx
Meg
Supervisor

26-04-2011, 01:43 PM
Diane I am so sorry you have lost Lucy
Many of us here have lost dogs of our own and can empathise.
I know this sounds crazy but I'm still putting fresh water in her bowl every day.
...you do whatever makes you feel better..

Sleep well Lucy, sadly missed by your friends ...xx
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2011, 01:49 PM
I am sorry for your loss, she was with you for a long time and obviously much loved so she will leave a big gap in your lives

You just have to do what feels right to you
I hope you start to feel better soon

If you feel up to it I am sure we would all love to see some photographs of her
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2011, 01:56 PM
So sorry for your loss....

Do whatever it takes to balm your shattered heart hun xxx

R.I.P darling Lucy, run free at the Bridge x
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2011, 02:04 PM
We had to have our Rosie PTS last June, she had liver disease. As the days & weeks go by it does get easier but there are still things will set you off.

Lucy like our Rosie is now free from discomfort & tiredness

I like to think that Rosie is running happily playing with all the other angel dogs free from pain & discomfort & a body so tired & frail.

Its nearly a year from we lost our girl & only a few weeks ago i lifted 3 biscuits out of the jar for 3 dogs

You are not alone, those of us who have shared our lives with much loved companions & lost them, know the pain & heartache you are going through & send you our love.

Run wild, run free little Lucy - safely playing with the angels

xx
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2011, 02:25 PM
I am so very sorry for your very sad loss.

It is never easy, I always think I will go through all the heartache to have had them in my life, than to go through my life and never to have know the love and comfort they have brought to us.

Do what ever you feel you need to, you have to grieve and weep, as you say Lucy was a big part of your life. It will get better, I promise. Most of us here have gone through all the pain you are suffering just now, and in time the pain and weeping will ease and you will be able to think of Lucy with a smile.

Take care and remember Lucy is now running pain free at Rainbow Bridge.
xxxx
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »