Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2022, 09:28 AM

Sunny Sunday 20th March 2022

Morning all. Very sunny and the wind has dropped so nicer than yesterday. Have a lazy day peeps.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2022, 09:47 AM
Good morning Brenda and all who follow

Having a lazy morning after walking Teazle and sorting out the sensor on a new light Barry put up yesterday as he couldn't read the small printed instructions. Off to Ben' again this afternoon to sort out his bit of front garden,

Hope all are well. Take care
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2022, 12:20 PM
Afternoon all
We have lovely sun too.... very nice sitting in the garden without the fear of being splattered in mud lol
Sue, I told my dad to use the camera on his phone for reading stuff, as you can zoom in it works like a magnifying glass
Kazz, nope, there's nothing else he can do... except go back to window cleaning and obviously you have all the paperwork involved with that and that would fall to me and I have never run my own business and don't intend to do that for someone else for free. I think Steve is very clever to have got this far I his life without being able to read and write properly..... just wish I had met him sooner so I could have got him help
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2022, 02:04 PM
Good afternoon all.

Very sunny here, but that easterly breeze is keeping it very cool again. There we are in our winter coats watching those that have come for the day in teeshirts and shorts freezing to death

Gary had a fit last night which is his first in over a year. It does explain his erratic behaviour over the last couple of days though. He's resting today to try to get rid of the headache and aching limbs they always leave him with

Rosie was raring to go this morning which is the first time in a while so I'm hoping it means that we are getting it right with her. Time will tell

Kelly, has Steve never thought about adult literacy. Most towns have classes I believe that teach basic (ie from scratch) reading and writing.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2022, 02:36 PM
Awww no Chris, I am so sorry to hear about Gary, I hope the after effects don't linger too long for him
Yes, Steve has taken a class previously but it's actually impossible now, he doesn't have a 9-5 job....infact he has very very random hours, no set days of either, just as and when they decide which ones he can have, their latest thing is changing his shifts the day he is due to do it, apparently, they pull buses from certain routes to cover the hospital services, so say he expects to start a 6 am, he always gets to work 30 minutes early, this means that they start him early and then obviously all of his breaks change. It's an absolute nightmare, if he needs the Dr and has to have a call back, he used to be able to say I have a break for an hour and 20 minutes between certain times and they would call him...now he tends to get a 32 minute break and he can't say what time that comes at until he books on. They had five drivers quit last week and 2 went this week
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2022, 03:21 PM
Safe to say the dogs are very very happy with astroturf, bless them, only issue is, they now want me to go in the garden all the time!!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2022, 11:17 PM
No wonder they are short of drivers, Kelly, if that's how they treat them. Such a shame he can't find time to learn to read and write though as that would open up the job market for him. Are there no courses online that he could do in his own time. Not ideal, but maybe it could work

Gary was feeling a bit better tonight so, fingers crossed, he should be OK tommorrow. I have put a complaint in though because he pulled on the cord that is supposed to bring carers running and no one came. I've sent an email and I'll follow it up by 'phone tomorrow if I don't hear back by the afternoon.

Now a bit of reading before going to bed

Goodnight all