Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2022, 08:32 AM

Freaky Friday 11th March 2022

Morning all. Well I call it freaky because I couldn't think of anything else. Yep watched just the group placings last evening of Crufts. The siberian had a lovely face, but the Border Collie was very beautiful. So pleased with the results. So, hound day today. Chris I used to go a lot when it was in London but when it changed to Birmingham it was a bit far for just a day, I did stay over a couple of times. So, the sun isn't playing today but it is dry so off for a quick walk. Have a good day all.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2022, 09:36 AM
Good morning Brenda and all who follow

Enjoy your walk

It was lovely and sunny but now clouded over just hope it stays dry so I can mow the lawn in a minute. Towels washed and blowing nicely. I too used to go to crufts and also helped out on discover dogs for a few years.

Last night Barry and I helped Ben sort out the problem he had with his new porch light which would not turn off. It turned out to have one wire too many coming from the house. How it worked before we don't know as it never worked since he moved in even with a new bulb.

Hope all are well. Take care.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-03-2022, 11:31 AM
Morning brenda, Sue and all to follow.
A lovely breezy sunny day here and washing going round on the whirly line.

Wednesday night on the spur of the moment we booked tickets for Crufts for yesterday, it was working day so of course Bernese were there.
The Bernese placed in best of breed was a lovely example but as with every year even when they get to best of breed they get overlooked. Bit disappointed yet again.
The show itself was a lovely experience and we got lots of Bernese cuddles which we needed.
Took all 3 boys to Crufts as my earrings had arrived in time. Crufts was Great value for money as we are old now or classed as old we got a concession on the tickets.
We drove up it's 1.5 hours from where we are and cheaper by car than train even with the high fuel prices.

Glad you go the porch light sorted Sue.

Stay safe everyone.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-03-2022, 12:03 PM
Chris hope all goes well at the vets for Rosie.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2022, 12:05 PM
How lovely Lynn to go.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2022, 02:36 PM
If it had been any other day Lynn, I would have popped over and said hi!!
Chris, hope the vet sorts Rosie some pain relief and also that you don't need to kill the plumber!
Been and picked up some solar lights for mum from the poundshop....they are crackle glazed hanging ones and look far more than £1.....already have 6 and just got another 9 and require another 9 I think...well, she has to make up her mind
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-03-2022, 03:58 PM
It was brenda, always been interested to go but because of not being able to leave dogs that long never did go.
We decided Wednesday evening to do it we have all the time at the moment and if we never go again it was a nice experience.
Really well organised but for us it was mostly about the Bernese.
It would of been lovely to of said hello griff guessing you aren't to far away from the NEC ?
The lights sound nice I like the crackle glaze.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2022, 04:04 PM
Good afternoon all.

Lovely morning. Not so lovely afternoon.

Rosie has chronic arthritis in the toes of her back left leg and a clicky elbow on the right.

Started on Carprodyl (after a blood test to make sure they won't do any damage) and she has to go back in another week and have another blood test in a month. The vet has advised to keep her off concrete and hard standing so pram it is for those areas and more time spent on the grass in the park.

Just over £100 today, but she's worth every penny
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-03-2022, 05:16 PM
Awww with your care and the medication I am sure she will do well.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2022, 05:43 PM
I hope so Lynn. She's only 10 and that isn't old for a terrier.

Lots of TLC which she'll lap up and use to the ultimate
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >