Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2011, 03:10 PM

Anyone else get narky comments-GRRR!

I was walking Cherry and Parker round the edge of the pitch and putt course later last night and they were having a good time playing with their balls. I then heard a yapping noise and saw a lady who has 2 Shih-ztu siblings and a Staffy. The Shih-Ztus are awful, they run near your dog and yap, yap, yap at it. The Staffy is a small Staffy but she charges up to you and jumps up at your legs. As she is quite solid it does hurt.

Last night the owner had these 3 dogs plus a large Staffy and another Shih-Ztu. Parker was happily doing the meet and greet and I moved out of the way with Cherry as whilst she is ok with the 1st 3 dogs I mentioned she hadn't met the other 2 and she does not like Staffys particularly as they usually charge up to her and she gets scared as she can't see very well.

The owner let the large Staffy run up to Cherry and I shouted out "Please could you call your dog off" as Cherry snapped at it. This owner knows Cherry is problematic with other dogs. She said "oh, she's still unfriendly then" (GRR-snotty mare!) and I said "yes, she's partly blind and yours are still noisy".

Normally I am not that fast-thinking so I was surprised to come out with this!

Blooming cheek-I think she has way too many dogs as her original 3 are not well-behaved. I don't know if the extra 2 are hers or she is walking them for someone else but just because her dogs are friendly this doesn't mean it's ok for her to let them do what they like. Perhaps I should have picked Cherry up when I saw the large Staffy coming across but I thought it may jump up at me then and it's bad enough when the small one does this.

I was quite annoyed and I have met some nice dog owners lately but back to grumpy ones it seems!