View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2011, 03:51 PM

Do you put things off because of your pets?

I am right now, I'd love to go to Australia and do things out there, I have a auntie out there who would put me up, all I'd have to do is put money to food, I've been told that they would even pay half to get me out there for a while for a holiday, but I have at least two reasons why I wont go right now, the lil pets probally wont notice so much, but I wouldn't be able to go without the dogs, and as I've been seperated from them before I don't want to anymore, so I've decided that I will go, but in many years time when both Honey and Diesel have naturally passed (and yes I'm planning not to get any more dogs after this, tbh after Punch I don't now if Honey and Diesel would be too happy to have another dog living with them) so I will get there one day, but not too soon. So I was wondering has anyone else put off plans because of their pets?
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2011, 04:24 PM
I do - I put off an interview last night because I had dog training. However, I got one for tomorrow so it's all good and apparently the owners are nice and the hours are flexible.

I put off a lot of outings with my friends before Louie when I walked Sadie...
kat14778
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-05-2011, 04:45 PM
me to i refuse to go abroad as the dogs cant go hence why were off devon 2moz lol
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2011, 04:57 PM
OH and I are putting up with the frustration of renting with my brother and his girlfriend, as we're having to save for a big house because I couldn't bear to think of forcing my two to downgrade to a starter home maisonette with a teenytiny garden. Luckily OH loves them enough to agree (that and he wants a garage for a motorbike ), so I think that's a big sacrifice for the pooches.
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2011, 05:00 PM
Our honeymoon in Canada! We've put the dogs in kennels before so we can go abroad no problem but I'm not leaving zeke now incase his cancer returns and we're not here x
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2011, 05:45 PM
Some years ago I refused a really good job offer with a flat as it was a move away from home and I couldn't take my pooch

I stood my ground and luckily they came round to my way of thinking and reconsidered the pooch
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-05-2011, 06:40 PM
I put things off all the time anyway - I'm the master of procrastination (indeed now I'm meant to be doing page 2 of this set of KS2 test marking)... don't need any excuses!

Page 7 of the last lot got put off because the dog was looking at me mournfully so a cuddle was in order
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-05-2011, 06:43 PM
I'm a bit of a pain for putting things off because of Molly My friends get annoyed about it quite a lot!

Last year I'd bought a ticket to a festival before I got Molly, then I rescued Molly and sold the ticket and put the money in a bank account for her. Then this year a friend was trying to persuade me into buying a ticket for the festival again but Molly has got a luxating patella in one of her hind legs so the money I would've spent on the festival is now being spent on an operation!

I also tend not to go to anything where I'll be back very late or out all day because I don't like to leave Molly for very long. All holidays are now planned around Molly and I tend to look for places that she will be allowed to go to and will enjoy.
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2011, 06:45 PM
Not had a holiday or been to our apartment in Spain since we got Tilly 2 & 1/2 years ago!
We did discuss this before we got her as a puppy & I just presumed we would put her in kennels or whatever like everybody else does & like we put the cat at a cat boarders!
And so we left it & we left it, we've been separately to Spain with parents but not together as a couple, we go separately up North to see family but not together.
Then I worried about Tilly's aggression towards strangers & what if she bit someone......... and the time just went on!
We are finally going on holiday next month & Tilly is boarding at our behaviourist's (who also does home boarding) It's the perfect setting & she's getting some training whilst there
I know she'll be in very good hands & I'm looking forward to my holiday but I'm going to miss her & am dreading the day she goes. I'll be at work so hub is going to take her which is good because I would be blubbing
I shall be emailing from my phone within 24 hours! It's probably good that she hasn't got webcam (but I did think of suggesting it )
big paul
Dogsey Junior
Male 

19-05-2011, 07:22 PM
Like most, hols abroad
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >