Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2011, 09:24 AM

Dummy training with a difference.

So Leanne gave me some pheasant wings to put around the dummy - OMG his leave has never been so bad - he loved them!

So here are a few pictures of our little trial this morning.

The stay

The half jump

Just missed the jump

The retrieve

Getting better at the hold - although he's not too sure of the front

A bit reluctant to give back the meaty wings - could be a bad sign, but he brought them back...

Enjoy
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2011, 09:46 AM
Aww bless him, I suppose you have to think of it as if i were asked to give back a lump of plastic wrapped in cake I certainly wouldnt be giving it up easily
Very cute pics, gorgeous doggy.
nddogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-05-2011, 09:47 AM
Looking good I had the relutant to give up dummie issue I used the clicker and also let him hold it for a little while once he'd come to me, I either got him to heel with it or just gave him loads of fuss (or both) until he relaxed and was happy to give up the dummie.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2011, 10:18 AM
Originally Posted by nddogs View Post
Looking good I had the relutant to give up dummie issue I used the clicker and also let him hold it for a little while once he'd come to me, I either got him to heel with it or just gave him loads of fuss (or both) until he relaxed and was happy to give up the dummie.
The problem I'm having is to get him to front whilst holding it - the wings help as he doesn't want to put it down and I haven't told him to drop anything he's picked up around the house. So I have the hold - well kinda, it's getting there and I now have a bit more enthusiasm for the dummy. So hopefully, it'll all come together nicely. But this is the first time he's had the dummy for a while.. I put it away to concentrate on other things. He hasn't forgot.

Thanks for the comments
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2011, 01:50 PM
Bless him He'll get there He's so clever Thanks for sharing x
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2011, 02:23 PM
Just swapped the dummies, to the heavier one and I took him a walk - he carried it the whole way and even left food on the floor whilst carrying it - I realise he may have me in a false sense of security and he probably won't do it again tomorrow - but I can be proud of him now
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2011, 10:16 PM
He's gorgeous, looks like his training is coming on really well
nddogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-05-2011, 09:11 AM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
Just swapped the dummies, to the heavier one and I took him a walk - he carried it the whole way and even left food on the floor whilst carrying it - I realise he may have me in a false sense of security and he probably won't do it again tomorrow - but I can be proud of him now
Yay, well done