View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2011, 08:58 PM
See Adie loves his manly image - but will happily walk my brother's GF's yorkie down the street - but won't if she's wearing a pink coat - thats a different issue - I won't walk her with clothes on!
And he happily carries Missy (Shih tzu) around. And he's said I can have a CC or a Pom...
Shani
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-05-2011, 09:11 PM
[QUOTE=SLB;2260689] I won't walk her with clothes on!
QUOTE]

Don't you get chilly in winter?
Be carfull in summer your white bits don't get burnt
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2011, 10:00 PM
[QUOTE=Shani;2260696]
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
I won't walk her with clothes on!
QUOTE]

Don't you get chilly in winter?
Be carfull in summer your white bits don't get burnt
Rofl, might want to re-word that a bit SLB
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2011, 07:23 AM
Oh - yes. I won't walk the dog if SHE'S wearing clothes
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2011, 08:34 AM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
See Adie loves his manly image - but will happily walk my brother's GF's yorkie down the street - but won't if she's wearing a pink coat - thats a different issue - I won't walk her with clothes on!
And he happily carries Missy (Shih tzu) around. And he's said I can have a CC or a Pom...
CC
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2011, 09:35 AM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
I used to work with a guy, 6ft 6, South African, Lovely guy.

Had a Shih Tzu.....no-one said a word
I remember working at the kennels, there was a GSD and a toy poodle that were waiting to go home, a man of the same description comes in, we all assumed it was for the GSD, but he asked for the Poodle, and gave him hugs and kisses too. The dog also seemed to prefer the bloke to the woman, have to say though it was nice to see.
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-05-2011, 09:42 AM
I felt really sorry for the poor bloke in the park a few weeks ago... had a little staffy pup with some really embarrassing name only a kid could have picked for her that he was having to walk, along with the sparkly pink collar and lead... again he didn't get a choice in the attire but the dog walking had been delegated to him.

He looked SOOOOOOO embarrassed shouting something along the lines of PrincessFluffykinBarbie come here and then having to put this extreme girlie girlie lead on!
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-05-2011, 09:52 AM
6 foot 2, 14 and a bit stone of once rugby playing godlike body (though with an ever so tiny beer belly forming..sign of the times!), arms hairier than the dogs, and a few tattoos..yet I stroll round with an ageing scottie cross and a pair of fluffy cream poms not bothered at all, I chose these dogs, these breeds, they are what I like. I'm comfortable enough in my "manly" status/image whatever you want to call it not to have a symbolic extension of a lack of manhood on the end of the lead!
But yes I do to get a lot of funny looks. If the missus is with me people tend not to stare as much, a tiny five foot nothing redhead doesn't bode as many questions, cept one chap who shouted "Must be a right pain in the **** having to come out with her and them mate, look at um!" "Actually, these are mine..she's a cat person" -silence-
Never judge a book by its cover and all that Men with the whole bigdog wouldnt have a little dog image thing grate on my loads, I know quite a few. I always greet with the same responce of, keep thinking that..but I'd much rather cross your gsd/rottie/mastiff than p*** Ronnie off; savage!
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-05-2011, 03:27 PM
Does ozzie level things out ..lol
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2011, 03:30 PM
Well I wasn't allowed a Standard Poodle because OH said "I'm not walking a Poodle!" and what comment do we get with the Kerry Blues all the time? "Are they Poodles?"!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2