View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2011, 11:29 AM
What are Mals and Sibes like with little dogs? I don't know much about either breed, but I'm sure the experts on here can advise. If raised as a puppy, would they be ok with them? I know it can vary from dog to dog, but I know a number of huskies who have issues around small dogs. Might be worth researching
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-05-2011, 11:32 AM
Dane,Boxer,French bulldog and gsd ..
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2011, 11:34 AM
Group 1. Great Dane

Group 2. Flatcoat retriever

Group 3. Not really keen on any from this group but if i had to choose it would be french bulldog

Group 4. Australian Shepherd
Zuluandnaomi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-05-2011, 11:34 AM
Lol, great question, but afraid I cant answer for any of them! I'm afraid I will only ever consider having staffies in my life Although I love other people's dogs no matter what breed they are I can't imagine considering any different to have myself.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2011, 11:35 AM
Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post
What are Mals and Sibes like with little dogs? I don't know much about either breed, but I'm sure the experts on here can advise. If raised as a puppy, would they be ok with them? I know it can vary from dog to dog, but I know a number of huskies who have issues around small dogs. Might be worth researching
yeah i know, and the high prey drive would be an issue round here, as there is so many sheep, cows etc id be worried constantly if they got out, and id also like chickens at some point.

from what ive spoken to about great danes, they seem gentle for big dogs, there are quite a few owners who have danes and smaller breeds...

i have always loved bulldogs but the price is a bit extortionate, and then there is the fact of walking them at certain parts of the day, cant go very far..

but its so hard to choose!
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2011, 11:40 AM
i would like to see a mal with the cc's

all the sibes i have owned adore little dogs! they can take libertys(and get away with them)that larger dogs cannot.

yet again i feel sibes are getting a bad rap!! they are not killing machines they are dogs!

exp when brought up around smalls i do not see the prob!

i used to look after a canadian eskimo dog in kennels...she lived with a pom and the pom was boss!

my guys were brought up around 2 chi's no probs!
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2011, 11:41 AM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
i would like to see a mal with the cc's

all the sibes i have owned adore little dogs! they can take libertys(and get away with them)that larger dogs cannot.

yet again i feel sibes are getting a bad rap!! they are not killing machines they are dogs!

exp when brought up around smalls i do not see the prob!

i used to look after a canadian eskimo dog in kennels...she lived with a pom and the pom was boss!

my guys were brought up around 2 chi's no probs!
youre not making the choice any easier!! ive read through every thread on here on all the breeds listed... and still i have not narrowed it down.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2011, 11:43 AM
Well that's good to hear then I only bought it up as there have been at least two incidents of huskies killing small dogs around this way in the last few months And I know a few in the park who are really not good with small dogs. As I said, I don't know much about the breed, so I don't know if its a breed trait or maybe just conincidence and bad owners! Good to hear tht huskies can geton with small dogs too, I'm sure that was going to be the case, especially if raised properly
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2011, 11:45 AM
I have a short list to FWIW. Although I wont be having a pup for a few years, I like to make lists and research!

(if I get my own way it will be an Aussie, if the OH wins its a Munsterlander, compromise for us both will be a Springer x Cocker)
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2011, 11:47 AM
Well that's good to hear then I only bought it up as there have been at least two incidents of huskies killing small dogs around this way in the last few months And I know a few in the park who are really not good with small dogs. As I said, I don't know much about the breed, so I don't know if its a breed trait or maybe just conincidence and bad owners! Good to hear tht huskies can geton with small dogs too, I'm sure that was going to be the case, especially if raised properly
what,dogs they lived with?
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »