Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Teddysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-03-2008, 07:43 AM

Fingers crossed for Teddy

Teddy is very poorly.
Started around tea time last night with terrible diarrhia and got progressively worse. By 11 last night he was looking terrible and I could hardly wake him up. Rang the emergency vet who told me to get cooled boiled water with half a teaspoon of salt and three teaspoons of sugar in it. He drank that and seemed to get lively again quite quickly. However I was up with him all night with diarrhia which now has blood in it. Spoke with vet again at 5am and he's going to see him at 9 this morning. Please keep Teddy in your thoughts for me.
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2008, 07:56 AM
Oh dear, Teddy is certainly in my thoughts, I relly hope he is ok... My fingers are crossed. I hope all goes well at the vets hun, please keep us updated. Comforting hugs (((hugs))) xxxxx
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2008, 08:06 AM
poor teddy, hope he feels better soon, keep us posted xx
tova
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-03-2008, 08:19 AM
Poor Teddy. Will be thinking of him. Let us know how he gets on. Hugsxx
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2008, 08:20 AM
Thinking of him and you. Sending healing thoughts and a gentle cuddle from Fudge.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

31-03-2008, 08:23 AM
Poor Teddy lets hope it's just a bug as there seems to be a lot of "Dire rear" about at the mo, 2 of mine have had me up through the night recently. Hope he feels better soon.
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2008, 08:34 AM
I just read your morning post, awwww what a worry for you and poor Teddy. Hope it goes well at the vets this morning and please keep us updated!
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2008, 08:38 AM
Thinking of Teddy today, hope he feel's better after he has been to the vet.
Healing thought's and prayer's coming your way.xxxxxxxxxx
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2008, 09:39 AM
Poor Teddy, I hope he is feeling better soon, healing thoughts being sent x
Teddysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-03-2008, 10:00 AM
Hi all,

Thanks for all your thoughts. We are just back from the vets. Teddy has a virus. He has a high temperature and is slightly dehydrated.

The blood in the diarrhia is coming from where his bowel is so inflammed. He has had an injection with combined anti- inflamatory and pain killer and another injection with antibiotics. She said to keep up the salt and sugar water as it is clearly doing some good and to let him eat nothing but chicken and rice.

She wants to see him again on wednesday morning and if there is no inprovement then they'll keep him in and give him a drip.

Just in case you ever need it, the emergency solution for re-hydration is half a mug of boiling water, half a teaspoon of salt and two to three teaspoons of sugar. Let them drink as much as they want when cooled. As it is so sweet they tend to gulp it down.

I'll keep giving you regular updates on his progress. Thanks for all your kind words,

Julie and Teddy
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >