View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2006, 05:10 PM
Oh how scary Poor little sausage. I'm glad he recovered , sound like he is a fighter!
Hopefully it won't happen again just yet.

xx
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2006, 09:17 PM
Thank you all!
He has had a couple of little, short 'wobbles' since then, but nothing like the other night. Work have been fantastic! I only started there on Monday as a receptionist (my local vets) and they have said that if I am in the least bit worried about him, or if he is unsettled etc, to bring him in and they will check him over and set up a bed for him behind the desk! They all ask about him in the morning and after I have been home for lunch.
I am in 2 minds (cant decide) whether to get him checked over tomorrow afternoon. I know there is not much to be done for him. I really dont know whether to leave him be as he is not in distress or just to have a quick check?
He is still waggling his bum at me and barking and nagging for food! As long as he is happy.
Thank you again!
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2006, 09:21 PM
Thats great news, we've all been really worried about him. If it was me I would probably take advantage of their kind offer, but you know him and, if you feel it would distress him, then perhaps its not such a good idea.
I hope he will be with you for a while yet.
Shirleyc
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-12-2006, 10:24 AM
Youre very lucky to have such an understanding employer. It great news that hes feelinga bit better, Im sure everybody at work is dying to meet him!!
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2006, 10:38 AM
Glad to see Sausage is feeling better
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2006, 11:55 AM
Hows Sausage today ? Hope hes well xxx
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2006, 12:57 PM
What a cutie. Glad he has rallied round and much brighter again.
Lets hope when his time does come he just slips away peacefully in his sleep.
He is lucky lad to have you.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2006, 01:28 PM
Poor little man, bet you were in a right state last night with him. I had this with two of my dogs now, both at 16, unfortunately with one of them, something awful happened whilst she was going through all this and she started screaming out, so I had to get the vet in straight away to end her misery. I think you were and are very lucky that she's pulled through it like she has, and hopefully, like you say she might soon slip away peacefully which is how I want mine to go when there time has come. This happened with my other old girl who was 16 and had a stroke, we tried calming her down as she went into panic mode, and she went off in her basket and just slipped peacefully away in my arms, awwwwwwww. I'm with you on this one about having her checked over, she's a grand old age and she's happy and content at home, so why put her through any stress by taking her over to the vets? Unless of course, you think there's something they can do for her, or maybe give you something for her should it happen again tonight? So sorry your poor little sausage is not good and I hope when the time comes she slips away nice and peacefully in your arms like mine, it's awful seeing them in pain like I had to, so I hope it doesn't happen to you. All the very best for her.
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2006, 09:07 PM
Thank you all for your concern.
He is doing OK today. I did decide not to take him to the vets as he is not distressed or in pain, there is nothing they can really do for him, and I didnt want to stress him out and upset him.
Will keep you informed.

Thank you again!
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3