View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2005, 07:17 PM

Riley's Having A Little Operation... (castration)

Well.. I've finally had to make a decision, and Riley is being castrated tomorrow

He's not doing as well showing as i'd have hoped and though people have said we should wait until he's finished growing its just getting too hard having him in the house with the two bitches. He's costantly upset when he's with them and i hate shutting him in the crate, so i think its for the best for him to have his operation.

Im REALLY worried though - My poor little puppy having an operation Im sure he'll be fine though, and uch happier for it in the future...

Wish Riley luck for tomorrow morning!!!
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2005, 07:49 PM
Goodluck for the morning Riley! You're doing the right thing Jessica if you think he's unhappy. Don't worry about the op though, it's routine and he's still young and healthy!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2005, 08:28 PM
He'll be fine Jessica - as Rips says, it's just routine. We'll be thinking of him. Lennon say's he'll cross his legs in sympathy....
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2005, 08:33 PM
I'm sure he'll be fine my Rjj had his rear dew claws off last week & bounced back fine

Just bear in mind he can be fertile for several weeks if not months after castration so don't take any chances. I've never been able to pin a vet down re how long after castration the dog can be fertile, but there was a case of a bitch producing a litter to a castrated dog(via DNA proof BTW)several months after he was done !
JacekPacek
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-12-2005, 08:35 PM
good luck little man
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2005, 08:42 PM
Good luck Riley you handsome boy
Lorraine(bws)
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2005, 08:48 PM
thinking of you wee man , he will be fine its amazing just how fast they are running about ,you worry and they just dont seem to care .
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2005, 09:16 PM
Good luck Riley
I'm sure he will be fine. Sounds like you have made the right descicion for you both
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2005, 11:07 PM
Thanks everyone

I think i've definately made the right decision, he's been worse than ever around his mum today, i took him away and he was pacing and whining for about an hour! He's just so stressed around her it doesn't seem fair on hiM.

He's finally asleep on my bed now, poor boy doesn't know what coming!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2005, 11:18 PM
Good luck Riley

He'll be fine Jessica - its not such a big operation in a dog as a bitch Benji was done when he was just 7 months old and he was absolutely fine afterwards with no ill effects although I must admit I worried myself sick all the time he was at the vets
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >