Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2019, 08:31 AM

Daily Thread, Tuesday,17th December, 2019

Good morning everyone,

Have a good day, take care, wrap up warm and dry and above all stay safe and well.

Trust all those under the weather feel much better soon. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-12-2019, 11:35 AM
Morning Moyra and all to follow.
Wet here today no rain but damp.

Been out to get some more Christmas bits quite empty in the town that may change over the next few days.

Hi Harvey it was nice to see you.
Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2019, 11:49 AM
Morning
Harvey, good to see you!! Hope you are back to full strength soon
Moyra, if the Dr thinks that you have cancer, you should have the tests...if it isn't that then they can probably sort you out quite easily and if you do have cancer... well you aren't any worse off really... You don't have to have treatment
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2019, 11:50 AM
Hi Lynn, I dread going near town now... it's chaos lol
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2019, 01:12 PM
Good afternoon

Listen to Griff Moyra she is talking sense Hugs

What a morning. Son got lost on the way to his destination as sat nav not up to date and he wouldn't listen to directions I had given him. My fault he was late. Have sorted out a portable sat nav I have and tried it out. Just hope he will listen when I tell him he has to ignore about 3 left turns as it will then send him goodness knows where. Now waiting for a call from garage with cost and time to update the in car one. Why can't you just join the internet and do it yourself

Hope all are well
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2019, 01:40 PM
Sue, I have an app on my phone called here...it works offline and therefore doesn't use your data, and of course it's your fault, you are supposed to sense that the satnav is out of date and as for dealerships...well I worked for ford and land rover and half the stuff was just a faff! You could tell say a blower motor was broken but because of warranty you couldn't just replace it, you had to connect it to the diagnostic computer and let that tell you it was knackered...that used to take longer than actually replacing the part lol
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2019, 02:32 PM
Thanks for your advice folk. I have to have another blood pressure test on the 23rd, finish the antibiotics tonight and have a referral form for another blood test in New Year. I have thought about it and I think you are all right it is a necessary evil going for all the tests and ographyies. that they want to do. So get Christmas out of the way and then I shall let the doc know I will go along with him and his referrals. Thanks for the kick up the backside which I needed.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2019, 03:24 PM
I know it's scary sometimes but I honestly find once they tell me what I have I am much happier, I can look stuff up, figure out what treatment I am happy to accept etc
Hospital have called, I go on Friday at 10.40...mum offered to come with me but I think I will go alone
Managed to find someone with a Braincell at the hotel where my uncle was staying..he isn't there anymore. So why the hell couldn't the woman just tell me that on Sunday instead of making me go all the way up there and leaving my bloody phone number! I have spoken to the salvation army who said last contact they had he said he was going to the isle of wight for his brothers funeral... haven't heard from him since! I said he has probably stayed down there then, asked my brother to ask my cousin and he just sent me a real snotty message... lovely!!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2019, 04:27 PM
Good afternoon all.

All good here really good day at work too.

Walked Gert and then a bit of breakfast /lunch and then took her up the field for a good run came back and had to rinse her off muddier than I thought up there.

Dropped a few more card into neighbours.

Now sitting down with the Christmas tree lights on warm and cosy, and Gert snoring.

Moyra I agree although a little late; go and find out finding out does not mean you have to do anything but information is power and the choice will then be yours. What does your lad think?

Sue I think you have more patience than me, I think I would be saying do it yourself. You are a grown man.

Griff I like to go to appointments by myself too, its never the news but the look on the faces of those who love you that gets to me.

Chris Hope the new laptop and your lad have gelled LOL which of the sofa's have you ordered then lets have a look

Brenda Hope all is good with you and you feel a little better.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2019, 04:37 PM
Kazz, when I went for a blue badge assessment my mum ended up crying her eyes out...never seen her do that before, then yesterday her best friend said something about meeting up and she said she would need to see what happens with me...she had tears in her eyes..I am really regretting saying anything.
Today has turned into a really crap day and you deffo find out who your friends are when the time comes!
I want to see the new sofa too lol
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >