Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: Ear cropping
like 12 8.51%
dislike 124 87.94%
dont care 0 0%
sitting on the fence 5 3.55%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 15 of 30 « First < 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 25 > Last »
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2008, 05:33 PM
Originally Posted by horses01466 View Post
Maybe so.........but there are owners who really want to get the most out showing their particular breed of dog....if the dog is properly cared for and loved.........i dont think its the worst ever treatment inflicted on a dog........
But why the need to inflict the pain at all just for someones ego, or as I said before rosettes, because that is what it comes down to.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2008, 05:40 PM
Mutilation for the sake of aesthetics....and who gets the benefits. there is No argument here for possible health reasons....Pure selfishness underlined and with capital letters!!!
Bilclarie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-03-2008, 05:45 PM
I know lots of people who are exporting there puppys from Ireland and said puppys are legally docked, docked dogs of any age can also be shown in England legally where the public aren't being charged an entrance fee except for crufts where there is an age cut off point.

I would like to ask a question, would you class spaying and castration as barbaric unless for medical reason of course? no probably not but ripping a females womb out or chopping off a dog's testicals because you a human don't want the behavior that can come with them being intact, dogs like all animals are given there bits to reproduce, and infliction of pain having ears and tails done what is that compared to the above, Just picking up on what someone has said about if we want dogs with sticky up ears breed them that way, well if you don't want your dogs to reproduce you breed them that way.

Mo and the Gang
melzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-03-2008, 06:08 PM
Originally Posted by Bilclarie View Post
I know lots of people who are exporting there puppys from Ireland and said puppys are legally docked, docked dogs of any age can also be shown in England legally where the public aren't being charged an entrance fee except for crufts where there is an age cut off point.

I would like to ask a question, would you class spaying and castration as barbaric unless for medical reason of course? no probably not but ripping a females womb out or chopping off a dog's testicals because you a human don't want the behavior that can come with them being intact, dogs like all animals are given there bits to reproduce, and infliction of pain having ears and tails done what is that compared to the above, Just picking up on what someone has said about if we want dogs with sticky up ears breed them that way, well if you don't want your dogs to reproduce you breed them that way.

Mo and the Gang
no its so there isnt unwanted pups its not about looks is it
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2008, 06:14 PM

Mo and the Gang
In answer to your question I do not count spaying or castration in the same class as cropping/mutilation.I did not choose to have Fudge spayed because I did not want to deal with "her behaviour". She was spayed as it would be irresponsible to risk her having a litter. She was also spayed as it is beneficial to her health. I am sure many people can detail this further. It was done on a vets recommendation. There is NO comparison.
melzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-03-2008, 06:14 PM
oh and what do us HUMANS do to dogs and pups we cant find homes for? do we let them run around the streets free to do as they please no cause we HUMANS thing we have the right to decide what dogs can do were they can go ect
Bilclarie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-03-2008, 06:23 PM
So let me get this right you can mutilate a dog to stop it doing what comes naturally to it, because you as an owner can't be responsable and keep male and females apart for a few weeks a year or from escaping so its ok to chop them about and I don't mean anyone personally just in general. I have intact males and females living together in the house always have and have never had a miss mating, accident, in my life time of owning dogs so I know it can be done, but the general attitude is oh lets get them done its less hassle so who is it benifitting you or the dog.

Mo and the Gang
AliceandDogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-03-2008, 06:51 PM
There are well known health benefits to neutering, in both sexes but particularly for bitches. There are no health benefits to docking/cropping.
melzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-03-2008, 06:57 PM
So let me get this right you can mutilate a dog to stop it doing what comes naturally to it, because you as an owner can't be responsable and keep male and females apart for a few weeks a year or from escaping so its ok to chop them about and I don't mean anyone personally just in general. I have intact males and females living together in the house always have and have never had a miss mating, accident, in my life time of owning dogs so I know it can be done, but the general attitude is oh lets get them done its less hassle so who is it benifitting you or the dog.

Mo and the Gang
there are to many who cant keep there dogs apart and cant look after them
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2008, 07:29 PM

Mo and the Gang
Just because 'things come naturally' doesn't mean it's ok to let them go ahead.

As human women, we are capable of having children from our first period, usually aged around 10, do you think children should also be allowed to bear children ?

I ask because it's no more responsible to allow a dog to bear children you can't be responsble for, than it is to allow a child to have children that they can't be responsible for.

Also regarding spay/neutering, it IS beneficial health wise, as it prevents Mammary cancer and prostate cancer.
Page 15 of 30 « First < 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 25 > Last »