View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
younglady
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-05-2006, 01:35 PM

to let or not to let? (Dogs on furniture)

burning question in my house at the moment.....do you or dont you let your dog sit on your sofas or bed?

before we moved to a new house my mum used to let our dog sit on the sofas and he used ot sleep in her bed but now (we have new sofas and she has a new matress now) she wont let him ...i let him have sneaky sits on the sofa when shes out - he has got two very comfy dog beds but likes to be with humans for cuddles etc!

does anyone let their dogs sit on sofas?
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2006, 01:37 PM
i am lucky enough to have a nice conservatory with 2 sofa's that have washable covers so yes they do sit on them ..as for the bed NO i don't allow that
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2006, 01:38 PM
Yep, Teagan has half the sofa covered in blankets for her, and also the futon upstairs is covered in blankets for her to sit on.
Brand new sofa too lol
younglady
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-05-2006, 01:43 PM
my mum wont even let him sit on them if i cover sofas with sheet, make him sit on a pillow , crossed legged lol

she says he'll get the wrong idea and wanna sit on them all the time but i think that letting him sit on sofas for 6 years then say no is giving him the wrong idea - im convinced our dog thinks we dont love him cos we arent allow to give him sofa cuddles anymore!!

our sofas are leather so i do see my mums point in case he scratchs them but its not fair!!!
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-05-2006, 01:48 PM
Mine are allowed up on the sofas but they have taken to lying on my new rug instead.

They are allowed up on beds but they spend just as much time in Finn's crate or on the floor.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2006, 01:49 PM
No I have never let Benji on the settee or chairs so he doesn't even try to now. He does however sleep on my daughters bed because its only a low one and he can get on quite easily - I do bath him every couple of weeks though and put a cover over the quilt cover - although I have found him sleeping next to her with his head on the pillow more than a few times
lillybet
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Sofa Yes Bed No!
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Woody no, Pickles yes!

Don't ask me why. Have to say I'm not keen on bigger dogs sitting on sofas, just never happened in our house!
younglady
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-05-2006, 01:54 PM
im trying to think of a good enough arguement with my mum so she will elt him - me and my OH let her , she notices tho when the paw marks arent wiped off quick enough lol!!

how do i win the arguement with her to let him sit on the sofas ?
Harry25
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-05-2006, 02:10 PM
In our old house Poppy was allowed on the sofa, we used to put a throw on it so we could wash it. But when we used to visit my mum, it was as though Poppy knew it wasn't her house and she never attempted to jump on the sofa. Since we've moved, we now have my mum's sofa (mum moved in with us and sofa is only 4 months old) Poppy still does jump on the sofa. She's allowed upstairs if we say she can, but isn't allowed on the bed.

She seems to think all soft toys in the house are her's and will jump on my mum's bed from time to time to play with my mum's "Best Mum" teddy. We always know she's been because the duvet is ruffled!!
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 > Last »