Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2009, 09:50 AM

My friend, Stan

There we were, working in the front garden and our neighbour walks by, with Stan the EBT.
What a friendly dog - he's a lover.
Wants to greet everyone and have a fuss, just like my Missy.

Today his owner stopped to have a chat. she said that they've had a talk about Stan and decided next pay day is Stan day. He'll finally be getting his collar and tag

I've even managed to persuade her to go to training classes and what a benefit they'll be for Stan.

She said she didn't see how they could train any dog to do anything.. how was it possible? ( She is a young first timer)
So Missy obliged and showed her some things ( sit, down, play dead ) and she was entranced.
I sorted out a training book for her (clicker) and she's going to give it a go - and find a class.

With all the aggravation we had with the teenage gangs in our old place, it is so lovely to see a young couple (20ish) who want to do right by their dog.

All the time we're talking Missy is sniffing at Stan as he keeps going belly up for a tickle. Then we had a little walk side by side and my little girl was fine with it. Stanley bless his socks was pulling to see me. That's when his owner said he likes to come straight to your house if he's outside. He thinks you're wonderful . Ha! That's my friend, Stan
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2009, 11:07 AM
Aww, bless, what a friendly chap he sounds.

Fingers crossed you and Missy have inspired Stan's owner to do a bit of training with him
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2009, 11:20 AM
What a wonderful tale, Pat. So lovely that your neighbour is willing to put the work into Stan.

Tell Paul to go and get the flippin' camera next time....

Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2009, 05:53 PM
he sounds like a babe, you must get some piccies and tell them to come on here too !!!