View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mouse
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-05-2009, 05:48 PM
How about Sheba - Bathsheba from Far from the Madding Crowd.

eta---- She is stunning, her markings are fab.
You get lethals in Guinea Pigs too by breeding a roan to a roan. Strange how these genetics work. Good luck with the drive.
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2009, 11:29 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
20 hours?? crikey...where are you collecting this pup from? Timbuktu?

Good luck!
Ha Ha... i Live in Alberta Canada, about smack-dab in the middle of the province... I am driving to Christina Lake, BC, which is right on the Canada/US border in the middle of BC. last time I did the trip it was almost 1000 km one way. It is quite a drive, and through the Mountains for about half of it. I will do anything for deaf dog's it seems. Last fall I did the trip with a deaf and visually impaired Great Dane... took him to a dane rescuer, she is the one giving me the pup. might have to go to timbuktu.... it's prob. closer!!! lol everything in Canada is HUGE!!!, especially distances! Great names by the way!!! I am LOVING them!
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2009, 06:36 AM
Originally Posted by Jem View Post
Oh call her Jem
She is a gorgeous looking girl x

I love that idea! Harpur is also lovely

What a striking looking dog, she is so beautiful.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2009, 06:54 AM
She's just gorgeous!
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2009, 09:43 PM

So i got back last night from picking up the pup, who still doesn't have a name btw. She is a wonderful, snuggly pup. she loves everyone, and everything. She is still pretty small, at 5.5 months. She has a deformed/injured-very-young hind foot that doesn't slow her down. she is fitting in very well, and is a very happy little girl. Ollie loves her, and my sister's Westie pup, who is a 1/2 month younger will meet her tonight. Here are some pics of the trip. We had a great trip, it was just under 2000 km and about 20 hours of actual driving in about 25.5 hours. we didn't stay anywhere, just napped in the vehicle as there were 2 of us. All the wildlife trotted out for us, including a fox momma and her 3 kits, 2 Black Bears, 100's of deer and elk,lots of different birds that aren't seen where I live, a couple of Skunks and numerous other small critters. plus there was the most stunning scenery to keep us entertained.

You can see that in addition to being deaf, she is severly light sensitive, she is very sqinty, and often walks around in the bright sunshine with her eyes closed navigating by smell and the odd quick open eye. She does seem to see fine tho. All in all I am very luck to get such an amazing little pup!

This bear was right beside the road, I could have opened the door and hit him with it... kinda scary!

random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2009, 09:59 PM
Wow what a beautiful beautiful little girl, my son would absolutely ADORE her! I looked into getting a wee mini dachs rescue earlier this year but there is actually a waiting list for them!

I like Beth. x
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-05-2009, 10:22 PM
She is sooo cute! and what stunning scenery.
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-05-2009, 10:28 PM
She could be called Daisy Miller after the book by Henry James, or Moll Flanders after Daniel Defoes book, or Lily Bart from The House Of Mirth by Edith Wharton.
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2009, 02:46 AM
After much thought and MANY suggestions, none of which fit all that well, I had a heck of a time deciding on a name. then, as it usually works, I heard one name and went, YES THAT'S IT! her name is Mouse! an Original name for a unique dog!
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2009, 06:22 AM
Welcome to Dogsey Mouse

It suits her too, good luck with her

Elaine xxx
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3