View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Zetacharlie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2006, 03:00 PM

Does your dog curl up or stretch out when its asleep ??

Flippin' heck -Ive wasted tons of money on dog beds- donut ones, and others- only to discover after 3 years that my jack russell nearly always stretches out full length when shes sleeping and she prefers to do just that on my bed; on top of the duvet and against a couple of down pillows against the wall.Even when she sneaks under the duvet early hours she usually stretches out against my leg or back... Whats your dogs sleeping position- curled up in a basket or takin up the whole durn bed stretched out full length...never thought a jr could be that LONG...........
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2006, 03:02 PM
stratched out full length on my bed so my legs dangle off the edge, thats Zuki. Baku sleeps at the side of the bed so we have a lovely foot warmer for when we get out
Tigger2
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-09-2006, 03:06 PM
Tigger seems to do both. When he's asleep at night he will curl up on his soft bed, which is in his crate. In the day for naps and snoozes he tends to sprawl on the kitchen tiles under the breakfast bar!

Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-09-2006, 03:49 PM
Stretch out on the floor and at night they stretch out in their crates.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2006, 03:56 PM
Stretched out on their side or upside down - never seen them curled up in a ball Maybe that's for the little 'uns?
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2006, 04:11 PM
That depends!! If the setters are on the bed with me they stretch out and hog the majority of it!
If they are on the sofa with me they can roll themselves up into the tiniest little ball! It is amazing!
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2006, 04:31 PM
Depends.... we have 2 identical dog beds, a huge one for the NI and a small one for the JRT. Of course they both prefer the wrong bed so the JRT stretches out in his big bed and the NI shoehorns herself into the tiny one.

The dogs aren't allowed on the furniture so often I'll compromise and put a scatter cushion on the floor for him..... Tonto will soon curl up tight to fit perfectly on it.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2006, 04:32 PM
Cassie goes from curled up in a little tiny ball to stretched out to the size of a rottweiller and mostly on her back all 4 paws in the air...little tart that she is.
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2006, 06:03 PM
Originally Posted by beckyc View Post
Of course they both prefer the wrong bed so the JRT stretches out in his big bed and the NI shoehorns herself into the tiny one.
Love it!

Bongo likes to curl-up to go to sleep, she gets so tiny! :smt007 :smt007 :smt007
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2006, 06:16 PM
Diesel does both, he will curl up on a bean bag (which he stole from my daughter) or stretch full out on the floor, he's not allowed on the bed because he tends to want to lay on your face and i quite like breathing!!!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >