View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2009, 07:57 AM
I agree thank god the man said something its all so easy to walk by. Maybe she will think twice in future!
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2009, 08:00 AM
Stupid woman. She should thank her lucky stars that man intervened - I'd have let her walk off then I would have called the police and smashed her car window
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2009, 08:10 AM
I watched a 2 years old Spaniel die infront of my eyes with heat stroke after being shut in a car a few years back when we had that really hot weather. A guy smashed the window and we dragged him out, but even the vet said there would of been nothing we could of done. We put cold towels over him the lot, but within minutes he was gone.

The owner said she had only been gone 10 minutes and believe it or not the car was parked in a shaded spot....
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2009, 08:24 AM
if it happens again - go into the store and tell the manager there`s a dog in distress in a car in their car park. They are responsible for their car park so they should at least put a call out for the owner.
eta - people are amazingly stupid - at one fun dog show I went to, they actually needed the stewards patrolling the car park to prevent dogs being left there on a very hot day.
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2009, 09:02 AM
stupid people, glad the bloke stuck up for them. I don't even walk mine in the middle of the day in this weather, up at 6.00 out for 7 and back for 9 all crashed out round me now, but at least they are cool and comfy
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2009, 03:20 PM
I cant believe someone would leave their dog in the car with no windows open! I dont do that even in the middle of winter!!!

If i have the dogs with me and i have to pop into the shops when its hot i often leave the car running with one set of keys (including my lovely cold air con!!) and just lock the doors via the key with the other set. That way i know the dogs will be lovely and cool while i shop and the car is still secure. Ok so it might be a waste of fuel and not great for the environment but im only talking about popping in. I never ever take the dogs when i do my big weekly shop.
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-06-2009, 03:33 PM
Orkney is not generally known for its tropical climate, but even here, at the local shows, they have a "dog in car" patrol which puts calls out on the tannoy!

Snorri
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2009, 11:41 AM
The stupidity of some people never ceases to amaze me, I just can't understand why some people think so little of their dogs that they would risk that happening to them???

I get so frustrated when I watch the news with the Royal Show in July with idiots leaving their dogs in cars. The price to get in and the size of the show, there is no way people would be in and out in less than a couple of hours there.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2