View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2008, 08:39 PM

Willow has a lump - could it be a spot??

Im bit worried... the OH noticed a small lump on Willows back about 3 weeks ago. It was only small, and I thought it could e a bite or a spot?

Have just had a look and noticed it has got a bit bigger and is now nearly the size of a pea. it is skin coloured and doesnt look sore. Should I be worried?...well I am anyway, but Im hoping there could be a simple explanation?

Can anyone help??? xxxxx
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2008, 08:56 PM
Hi, i am just wondering but could it be a tick. Not sure that they hang on that long but they look like a spot to start with and then get bigger to the size of a pea.
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2008, 09:02 PM
mums dog fInty gets these....they either just disappear or they develop a head which when squeezed ooozes a lod of puss then when cleaned disappears
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2008, 09:08 PM
Originally Posted by melsgems View Post
mums dog fInty gets these....they either just disappear or they develop a head which when squeezed ooozes a lod of puss then when cleaned disappears
Same with one of my son's GSD's. The vets has shown him how to deal with them. Sabre's re-occurs from time to time
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2008, 09:13 PM
I thought it could be a tick, but have looked at it and is fleshy coloured, so cold turn into one of these spots? Doy uo think it is more likely to be this than something sinister?? im just such a worrier!!! xxx
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2008, 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Same with one of my son's GSD's. The vets has shown him how to deal with them. Sabre's re-occurs from time to time
yes Finty is a GSD they never bother her though but they make me when the ooze
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2008, 09:18 PM
Originally Posted by flowisp View Post
I thought it could be a tick, but have looked at it and is fleshy coloured, so cold turn into one of these spots? Doy uo think it is more likely to be this than something sinister?? im just such a worrier!!! xxx
Can you post a good picture of it? Ticks can look very much like a spot, jess had one recently and i thought it was like a skin tag or spot before realising what it was. I think jess looked a fleshy colour also.

Could be the other thing, i don't know but picture might help.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2008, 09:18 PM
Originally Posted by flowisp View Post
I'd imagin it will, but you could just get the vet to check for you, if it is, get him to show you what to do.
Steven was told they are common with some dogs....obviously Sabre is just one of those dogs....same as Flinty then yea when they ooze isn't nice is it.....make me abit UGH!
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2008, 09:21 PM
hehe I can imagine....
Originally Posted by shiba View Post
Can you post a good picture of it? Ticks can look very much like a spot, jess had one recently and i thought it was like a skin tag or spot before realising what it was. I think jess looked a fleshy colour also.

Could be the other thing, i don't know but picture might help.
I will take one and post tomorrow...im not very good with the camera and computer lol!!! but OH back tomorrow night!
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
I'd imagin it will, but you could just get the vet to check for you, if it is, get him to show you what to do.

Steven was told they are common with some dogs....obviously Sabre is just one of those dogs....same as Flinty then yea when they ooze isn't nice is it.....make me abit UGH!
I will see if it is a tick before i take her to the vets, but I imagine if it does need bursting....I too may turn green.... xxx
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2008, 09:03 AM
It might be a tick or it could be where she's had a tick and she's scratched it off. We had that with our last dog and when we took her to the vet he just said it wasn't infected just inflamed and just to keep an eye on it.

I shouldn't worry too much. If it was something painful she'd soon let you know.

(Hugs)

Heidi
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >