View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2006, 08:44 AM

Anybody know what will get paint out of shirt.?

My son has ruined two of his school shirts now with paint that they use in art and I can't get it out with normal washing even on 60 degrees using Surf so has anybody any ideas what might remove it because it looks a right mess and is all down the front of his shirt

So if anybody can recommend anything I can buy to get the paint out I would very much appreciate it - its a pale blue shirt by the way.
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2006, 08:51 AM
There are loads of stain removers in Tescos all have certain things they treat, I cant suggest anything that wouldn't take the dye out of the shirt aswell
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2006, 08:57 AM
Originally Posted by Zuba View Post
There are loads of stain removers in Tescos all have certain things they treat, I cant suggest anything that wouldn't take the dye out of the shirt aswell
Okay thanks Zuba Looks like he will just have to have a nice spotted blue shirt
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2006, 09:11 AM
Hi Foxy,
Have you tried Stain devils,vanish or shout?
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2006, 09:13 AM
Originally Posted by nissanmad View Post
Hi Foxy,
Have you tried Stain devils,vanish or shout?
Yes I have tried shouting at him but the stain was still there after

Thanks Sal - I will have a look at Tesco when we go
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-10-2006, 09:19 PM
Next time he gets paint on it steep the shirt in cold water overnight to loosen the stain. Got to be cold as hot water seals the stain and makes it hard to remove. That is a tip from nursery school as my son used to paint his clothes
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2006, 09:27 PM
Originally Posted by Carole View Post
Next time he gets paint on it steep the shirt in cold water overnight to loosen the stain. Got to be cold as hot water seals the stain and makes it hard to remove. That is a tip from nursery school as my son used to paint his clothes
Thanks Carole I think this is what he has tried to do by the look of it - all red splodges all over the front He's 15 1/2 and still as messy as when he was 4 I was going to get him a couple of new shirts from M & S today but they haven't got any blue ones left - only white He can wear the spotted one though when he does art on Wednesdays
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2006, 09:28 PM
Hi Foxy

Don't know if this will actually work but, i work for a clothing company and we have a lady that comes in to do just that, remove stains and stuff she uses milk, yes i said milk!!! if it's off milk it works better (supposedly) soak the stain in milk for a few hours then put it in wash.

Have never tried it myself but she swears by it for any stain!!!