View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Zetacharlie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2006, 02:35 PM

Anybody been to the Canaries and tried Mojo sauce ?

Now that I have my pooch I Dont do exotic holidays any more but I did love Fuerteventura and the beaches Bestest culinary delight I discovered there was MojoSauce- a garlicy, hot, red-peppery sauce they put on their salted Majorcan potatoes. Well last time I went i got a recipe book and tried making my own- its easy peasy- no cooking involved. Red peppers, garlic, fresh red chili,cumin seed, red wine vinegar , olive oil, salt- all whizzed in a blender to a smooth thick sauce- thats it ! U can vary the proportions to suit your taste-mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.The fresh u make at home is so much nicer than the bottled stuff in their shops
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2006, 07:00 PM
Yep been several times and we always have mojo sauce on out potatoes - love it!!! so may give that a try - thanks for the tip x
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2006, 09:06 PM
Mojo sauce? Is that some kind of euphemism for the local booze?

Seriously though, sounds gorgeous - I love cumin with a burning passion! What are the potatoes like? Fried, roasted, boiled? Sliced, diced, whole?
lizziel
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-09-2006, 10:25 PM
We used to go to Tenerife and absolutely love the potatoes. My son made some for us for dinner one night and they were just as good as the originals.