Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

17-06-2013, 08:53 PM

Harpo & Zeppo, male Chihuahua X JRTs, DOB 2010

Harpo & Zeppo, Chihuahua X JRTs, DOB 2010 – Tunbridge Wells, Kent

Homing Requirements: Harpo and Zeppo need a patient and caring family to offer them a 'precious pet experience' and acclimatize them into 'home life' and formal walks which their foster has started to do. Patience on housetraining so ample access to garden and a cleanable area until they learn to transfer into outside use. Harpo & Zeppo could live with older children who are well meaning and respectful of dogs. They could mix with other dogs and take their lead from resident dogs or be the incoming pair. Unassessed with cats.

Their Story: Harpo & Zeppo were reported by neighbours as being neglected in a back garden. They were not being feed regularly. Their owners are now being prosecuted and they were removed by the dog warden. They have come into rescue so we can give them a golden opportunity for humanity to right their wrongs and enjoy the love they have to offer, despite their ordeal. Both now neutered, dew claws removed, chipped and vaccinated. Fostered in Tunbridge Wells,Kent.

Advert: Harpo & Zeppo are 2 Marx brothers who will by nature make you smile. They are mutually reliant on one another and need to live the rest of their lives out together. They came to us with an impoverished background and have swiftly moved beyond those dark days and proved receptive and welcoming to human approach and love. They are enjoying the best quality food and show no spite or ill health. There is ever lessening concern in their new surroundings. They are being introduced to housetraining as best their foster's circumstance allow, as they have been accommodated to avoid kennels at all costs. They are delightful.

Harpo and Zeppo may be Terrier/Chihuahua crosses and are around 3 years old. They are both 12" to the shoulder and just 6 kilograms in weight currently. Harpo is red grizzle and Zeppo red grizzle with a black muzzle. Both of their individual characters are emerging but both are extremely loving and affectionate and tolerant of the others needs being served. They are enjoying walks out on the streets and in the park and adjusting to new noises, movements, smells and encounters. A wonderful pair and a reward to any family with a rescue heart.

If you are interested in re-homing please complete our homing questionnaire so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.

***PLEASE NOTE: This ad has been posted by Rescue Remedies Dog Rescue. We are a registered charity (No. 1139407) and our work involves finding unwanted dogs their life long homes. We currently have approx. 100+ dogs under our wing. We usually ask for a minimum donation of £150 at the time of adoption, for each dog, to help us continue helping homeless dogs***.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

24-07-2013, 07:38 PM
Harpo & Zeppo are still looking for a home together. Here are some new pics taken on Saturday when they paid us a visit at our Fun day.

Harpo the cute foxy one ...

The darker but handsome one ... Zeppo

Both gazing lovingly at Peter!

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

15-08-2013, 08:47 AM
An update from Harpo & Zeppo's fosterer:

"The boys have been with me now for two and a half weeks ... and a few more rules are in place. Like "My bed is for bedtime only!" and "It's better for everyone if I can see where you BOTH are!" and "Howard is allowed indoors when you're in bed!" and - really important - the silent ""Hush!" sign.

It has seemed uphill at times but two distinct characters are starting to appear. In part this is thanks to Howard, who is wary of the boys but can't resist teasing them too ...

Zeppo is definitely more "terrier" than his brother in his response ...

... and Harpo is ... well, more Harpo

At the moment Zeppo is more independent, more sensitive to events and showing signs of tolerating people when he's away from his brother. He's been to the allotments with me on his own and allowed some respectful approaches. But it's all relative.

Harpo is still the little shadow, either Zeppo's or mine. He gets flustered and he's puzzled by life in general ...

....but the look of contentment when he wakes up and finds he's next to me on the bed is priceless! :
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

20-09-2013, 09:04 PM
A few more pics of the boys ...

Harpo & Zeppo are still available for adoption – if you are interested in offering a home please complete our homing questionnaire.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

09-10-2013, 05:24 AM
An update from Harpo & Zeppo's fosterer:

"Harpo and Zeppo are settling into the familiar routine of life here. Just another wet Friday in Kingston ...

... then it was teatime ...

... worth doing the Jackahuahua dance for ...

OK, so I cheated ... but they are quick! There are also variations on "the dance". Sometimes they stand up and push each other out of the way with their front paws. When Zeppo wants to reach up to me he stands on his hind legs and moves his front legs in mid air - like someone positioning a ladder - before dropping forward. Yes, they give me a lot of joy (just the thought of Harpo running makes me smile like a parent at Sports Day).

Slowly, slowly we move forward. They haven't reached the cheeky stage yet but their fear of just about everything is gradually subsiding. Housetraining is still far from perfect but the accidents now tend to be closer to the outside doors. Zeppo in particular is starting to tell me about wanting food. I hope we can soon arrive at him telling me he wants to go outside afterwards. He is also showing that he's aware some of the things he does - like barking at dogs when we out - are not pleasing to me. We now need to sort out how he gains the confidence not to start doing those things in the first place... Harpo - bless him - just needs fitting with an "OFF" switch!

Bedtime is really important to Harpo and, increasingly, to Zeppo. They carry so much tension in their little bodies. The quiet time before lights out is a chance for Zeppo to snuggle up and day dream (or is he composing sonnets?) while Harpo quivers and sighs as I rub his shoulders. Then everything is set for another quiet night ..."

Harpo & Zeppo are still looking for their forever home. Could you offer them a home?
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

27-11-2013, 09:35 PM
Still feeling very honoured! Harpo & Zeppo paid us a visit at the photoshoot on Saturday. The last time I met them I felt them first! Merrily bumping my shins at our Fun Day in the summer! This time they were both adorable and met everyone nicely. Then queued for roasted liver - two very professional scrounging pro's! At one point I had them both on my lap staring into my eyes like too eager meercats! Have to say .... its very easy to fall under their spell and they had copious amounts of liver from my eager to please them fingers! Yes they woo'd me ... I was very smitten by their equal amounts of cuteness and cheekiness!

Harpo ...

Harpo with his dedicated slave ... Aloepeter!

Zeppo with Jessie ...

Checking out my cooking just prior to the point that I was mugged by the duo and they jumped me!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2013, 09:42 PM
Their owners are now being prosecuted and they were removed by the dog warden.
Good!

Oh I do hope they find homes. I look at Zeppo and I see my minpin Bella in him! Just the 'look' and the 'stance' and those diamond shaped eyeliner eyes (and specially if his ears stood up!) I'd say for anyone who wants an 'independent' little dog that isn't too needy or clingy, he'd be ideal (as is my Bella).

And she had a very bad start but is the best dawg in the world now.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

11-03-2014, 07:58 AM
Video: Harpo Zeppo chillin'

Video: Boyz and friends

Harpo & Zeppo are still available for adoption – if you are interested in offering them a home please complete our homing questionnaire on this link.
Closed Thread