View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tegs_mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-03-2012, 08:44 PM

Has anyone bought a crate/cage from here?

http://www.ukdogcrate.co.uk/
Anniebee
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-03-2012, 09:04 PM
I can't be 100% sure, but that looks like where I got mine, albeit via ebay.

It's been absolutely fine, no sharp edges or anything untoward about it, plus it came with a free mat/cushion ( which was a pretty flimsy affair )
Tegs_mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-03-2012, 09:06 PM
Originally Posted by Anniebee View Post
I can't be 100% sure, but that looks like where I got mine, albeit via ebay.

It's been absolutely fine, no sharp edges or anything untoward about it, plus it came with a free mat/cushion ( which was a pretty flimsy affair )
Thanks for your reply, I am looking at buying a new crate soon and wondered if it would be flimsy for the price, but if it is the same price it sounds good.
coventrycatfish
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-03-2012, 09:36 PM
Pretty sure that is where I got our two from. Good sturdy crates with no sharp edges.
DoKhyi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-03-2012, 09:36 AM
They look very similar to the big one I bought a few years ago. Nothing wrong with them, but not a patch on my Croft one I bought 15 years ago and still looks new. My big crate broke apart at the corner within about 18 months, but it has put up with my TM who's a canine JCB and was about half the price of the equivalent Croft one.

If you're going to get a lot of use out of it in the future with the same sized dogs, I'd go for a Croft Showman crate if you can afford the extra cost.
Tegs_mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-03-2012, 09:52 AM
I'll have a look at the Croft Showman one thanks.

It is only for sleeping and neither of them try to get out, they just settle to sleep so doesn't need to be too heavy duty but obviously I want it to be secure and safe. (they aren't in there together).
Jugsmalone
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-03-2012, 09:58 AM
That's the shop from Ebay where I have bought 3 crates. They are good crates. The beds a bit riubbish that comes with it but there not bad crates. I use them to crate the boys overnight.
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2012, 10:23 AM
I haven't used them, but I got ours from http://www.cages-direct.co.uk/deluxe_cages.htm and they're really good. Quick delivery and decent price too
Tegs_mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-03-2012, 10:36 AM
Originally Posted by jesterjenn View Post
I haven't used them, but I got ours from http://www.cages-direct.co.uk/deluxe_cages.htm and they're really good. Quick delivery and decent price too
Only thing I can see there is they have plastic bases which is why I'm needing a new one-I cracked mine
Prices are pretty similar, cage looks perhaps a bit sturdy?
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2012, 10:56 AM
I think you can just buy the bases from somewhere (if that'd work out cheaper, I don't know)

These are really sturdy. I think on the site (I'll try and find it in a min), there is a pic of people standing on the crate and it withstanding it with ease

ETA - Just found the pic - if you click on the link I posted, below and to the right of the main cage pic, there are two smaller pics - one of which has two people on each crate without it dipping
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >