View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2011, 10:07 PM

Do you think rescues would be interested in me volunteering to microchip?

On Saturday I will be completing a microchipping course. I was wondering do you think rescues would be interesting in using me if I volunteered my time to chip their dogs and cats (if applicable)? The rescue of course would have to pay for the actual chips as I couldnt afford to buy loads and give them away for free but I would implant them for nothing. Dont know if its a silly idea though or whether most would already have someone...What do people who work with rescues think?
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2011, 10:36 PM
Most rescues or large organisations save money as they can buy their chips in bulk, have a resident person who does it for free, so I am not sure what your USP would be?
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2011, 10:37 PM
It was just a thought, Im not selling anything just wondered if it would maybe be helpful for them, if they are likely to already have someone/something in place I wont waste their time.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2011, 10:47 PM
One of the best places to drum up business is local dog shows with a card, or dog clubs who are having say KCGCDS testing and you can offer added value to them.

So contacting your local dog clubs is a good idea.

You will of course need to have the relevant insurance to chip.
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2011, 10:52 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
One of the best places to drum up business is local dog shows with a card, or dog clubs who are having say KCGCDS testing and you can offer added value to them.

So contacting your local dog clubs is a good idea.

You will of course need to have the relevant insurance to chip.
Oooh this isnt for business, I just wanted to do something for rescues that wasnt walking (do enough of that with mine ) or office/admin work (do enough of that also) I am doing the course for personal development really.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

06-10-2011, 11:49 PM
Originally Posted by K'Ehleyr View Post
On Saturday I will be completing a microchipping course. I was wondering do you think rescues would be interesting in using me if I volunteered my time to chip their dogs and cats (if applicable)? The rescue of course would have to pay for the actual chips as I couldnt afford to buy loads and give them away for free but I would implant them for nothing. Dont know if its a silly idea though or whether most would already have someone...What do people who work with rescues think?
It's worth ringing your local rescues up Sarah - just in case, who knows they might keep your details as standby even if they already have someone. Good luck!
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2011, 12:01 AM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
It's worth ringing your local rescues up Sarah - just in case, who knows they might keep your details as standby even if they already have someone. Good luck!
Thanks Azz, think I will.