View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-04-2011, 08:17 PM
We dug out a hole for a pond which is 4 foot deep and L shaped with each side of the L 10 foot long and 5 foot wide we did a bit each night after work and completed it in a week. Getting rid of the soil was harder than digging the hole, we bagged it all up and transported it to the tip which took longer than the digging and we had a pick up. Although lots of people build a rockery with the soil they dig out. Even with some form of soakaway at the bottom you'll probably be below the water table, the bottom of our pond was constantly filling with water while we were digging it out.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2011, 08:29 PM
My Keewee could lend a paw, she & her brother"Groovy"are known as the"Earth Movers" I have a 1 meter deep hole in the lawn at the back of the house !!!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2011, 05:31 PM
OMG I have been away and you've so made me laugh - I didn't expect these comments. A hollow hole - what was I thinking!!! I haven't quoted anyone so things may be mixed up..

It would have drainage, the springs on the side would be covered up by the covers it comes with, it has a net - much safer than the one I saw on the programme that gave me the idea - it had big stones around it as decoration and no net

The left over soil Isochick - I have one side of my garden which is level with the field next to it - which is a good couple of feet shorter - so it would be used to level my garden up

I'll be putting wood around the base that will be in the ground so that soil cannot fall into it - I suppose I could always plan it as if it was like a pond - that way if I want rid of my trampoline - I can have Labradork's Koi pond and it will stop any soil falling in.

Sinking it in the ground would help me be able to exercise on it because atm I get headaches when bouncing yet with the little trampolines they have a gyms - I don't get one - it must be the height thing.

A trampoline may not be easy to steal but in this day and age if people need money they don't care how they get it - we had solar lights stolen off our gates - actually fixed on the gates.. some idiots.

Steve - if I can persuade my OH that I was actually been serious I may have some work for you (but only if you promise to bring Lola and Teddy too - they went home before I had chance to meet them at Pilgrim's )
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2011, 05:35 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
We dug out a hole for a pond which is 4 foot deep and L shaped with each side of the L 10 foot long and 5 foot wide we did a bit each night after work and completed it in a week. Getting rid of the soil was harder than digging the hole, we bagged it all up and transported it to the tip which took longer than the digging and we had a pick up. Although lots of people build a rockery with the soil they dig out. Even with some form of soakaway at the bottom you'll probably be below the water table, the bottom of our pond was constantly filling with water while we were digging it out.
That's why I ain't digging the hole I see what you mean though - we have a natural well somewhere in our garden too - although I think thats near the other side of the garden - it is a big garden!

Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
My Keewee could lend a paw, she & her brother"Groovy"are known as the"Earth Movers" I have a 1 meter deep hole in the lawn at the back of the house !!!
If they can dig in a circle and accurately - they have a job and I shall pay them with gravy bones
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2011, 05:42 PM
Glad we made you laugh, we did have some fun
You have obviously given it a lot of thought so once it's done we want loads of pics
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-05-2011, 05:45 PM
Thats a whole lorra earth to come out of a hole that size! Just remember-the amount doubles and you still gotta get rid of it.

Unless you want your garden to look like where Teletubbies live there and make grassy hills everywhere...
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2011, 05:45 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Glad we made you laugh, we did have some fun
You have obviously given it a lot of thought so once it's done we want loads of pics
If I can get the OH to agree - then you shall have pictures - even ones of our hard labour - or someones hard labour - the last time we dug a hole - to get the gas pipe to the house - Louie decided to help and filled in the hole before it was dug out totally
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2011, 05:47 PM
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Thats a whole lorra earth to come out of a hole that size! Just remember-the amount doubles and you still gotta get rid of it.

Unless you want your garden to look like where Teletubbies live there and make grassy hills everywhere...
We have moles - it looks like teletubby land already - have you seen pictures of my garden - I have enough of it to hide a load of soil somewhere LOL

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=145885

Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2011, 10:04 PM
Got a couple of Malamutes who are good at holes??? and waht a meanie you are not letting the dogs on the trampoline to play..Cruiser loves bouncing on ours..
Manyana13
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-05-2011, 11:53 PM
It is a shame you live so far away, I could send my Poppy to help you out, she is highly skilled in digging!

In all seriousness, good luck with it all
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >