Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

31-12-2009, 04:32 PM

Lisa, Staffie, 2 years old

Lisa, Staffie, 2 years old

Her Story: Found stray in Wales. Managed to come through a pound where Staffies usually lose their lives if not claimed.

Salient points: Lovely Staffie about 2 years old. Meets people and dogs very well. Housetraining and general house rules gradually being comprehended within foster. Slight deficit in back leg may be musculature or minor damage at some point. Could live with another dog.

Advert: Lisa no longer a "Mona", but a "Lovely Lisa"! How well Lisa continues to do in rescue. A pure Staffie with a gentle friendly aura with strangers and relaxed at home, well more a Miss Dynamite! Apparently she has really come out of herself and her energy is vibrant. She didn't seem to understand how to respect her house when she first arrived, but now understands sofas are to sit on; tables are to walk under and back doors when looked towards can be opened to your relief! Lisa is fostered with a star Staffie, who has befriended her and shown her how to get the best out of her foster family! Fostered in Hove Brighton.

Lisa is leaving kennel cough behind, becoming fit and confident out on walks and even off lead in safer areas left free to play with her foster companion. At home whilst exciting, it’s warm and busy having 5 older children to exploit for treats and cuddles. Lisa is having to learn to take treats gently and earn them! And that home isn't a help yourself cafeteria. She has come along way in 2 weeks and has done so well that despite her foster family offering just to take her in for the Xmas period, they hope to be able to offer her a prolonged stay 'til her forever owners discover her many gifts. So Lisa had better behave..no biscuit snatching!

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

14-01-2010, 10:38 PM
An update from Lisa's foster home:

Look at me now!!
They won't recognise me back at the kennels. My human foster brother decribes me as hench. Just look at my lovely staffie chest. Sadly the lovely collar I was given when i arrived at the kennels no longer fits and Maggie has resorted to her black collar so I can wear the pink one. It says I am a princess on it and thats just about right!

Lisa enjoyed hiding her toys in the snow.

Some she dug up but others are reappearing as the snow melts.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

22-01-2010, 10:30 PM
At the weekend Lisa was given a present.

Lisa loves her football.

Her fosterers took Lisa to the local playing fields to play with her new ball. She had a lovely time.

After all that running Lisa was very tired.

Lisa is still waiting for a forever home!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2010, 06:39 AM
OMG! She is just GORGEOUS!

Hope you find your forever home soon, sweetheart!

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

27-01-2010, 09:08 PM
An update from Lisa’s foster home:

"After an exciting day on Saturday visiting the kennels Lisa had a more restful Sunday with a stroll to a local park and cafe with Maggie.

She walked very well and waited at the curbs nicely for the instruction 'walk' so that she could cross the road.

She sat nicely in the cafe while we had a coffee and some chocolate something she would have been unable to achieve 5 weeks ago.
"
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

01-02-2010, 10:50 PM
An update from Lisa’s fosterers:

“Lisa felt a bit under the weather this week after 'woofing' down a a slice of pizza whilst out on her walk and as a result she had an upset tummy and a skin rash. Lisa was off her food, we never thought she would need encouragement to eat!

Lisa is now feeling much better, she is back to enjoying her food and her skin is clearing up nicely. This week Lisa has been learning drop so we don't have any repeat performances.

Her food snatching problem has completely disappeared but she still likes to stick her head in the bin if someone is not there but this is improving. Lisa's recall is also improving.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

09-02-2010, 09:59 PM
An update from Lisa's fosterers:

"We took Lisa to the edge of the South Downs today for a change and she really enjoyed herself.

We have been working on Lisa's recall and it is now 90% reliable. She had a lovely time running off lead with her ball.

She ran and ran and ran but she never went far away and always looked back to check that we were still there.

When she was called she returned to us, sat and dropped her ball. She has now mastered drop and even dropped a cheese sandwich that she picked up off the pavement the other evening when asked and that was a fantastic achievement for Lisa!

Lisa enjoyed being out in the afternoon sunshine today and waited patiently to get in the car to go home".

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

16-02-2010, 10:29 PM
By Lisa's human foster sister age 10:

"Lisa is a lovely dog and she loves playing with her toys. We played with her ball together which she really enjoyed.

Lisa was tired after playing with her ball and wanted someone to give her a cuddle. Lisa loves cuddles.

Lisa loves to learn new things. I have taught her 'kiss' and when I ask her she gives me a kiss.
I gave her a treat and she took it really gently".

From Lisa's foster mum:

"

Lisa has been with us 8 weeks today - no longer is 'Miss Dynamite' she has won everyones heart she is so loving. We love her to bits but my daughter summed it up today when was heard to say to Lisa 'Its so sad you weren't born a boy because then we could have kept you.' So here she is waiting for her own family to love for ever.

Her kennel cough is completly cleared and the problem with her back legs. Her achievements :
Knows her name and recall much improved
House trained
Respects and understands the rules of the house 99.9% and is non destructive.
Loves a bath.
Takes treats gently.
Is not food possessive and will allow you to move her bowl whilst eating
Lifts up her paw to ask for things eg a treat, a toy or to sit on your lap
Will go to her bed and stay there whilst a meal is eaten in the same room.
Good at the vets
Can be left for 4 hours
Does not bark when people come to the house or when out in the garden and the neighbours dog barks.
Knows commands, sit, drop, bed, no, stand, walk, dinner, crate and paw. The children have also taught her kiss – she licks them and then drops her head to be kissed by them.
Jumping up is much improved but does need to be reminded.
loves travelling in the car

Lisa is good with the children and they make a complete softie of her.When Alysia was hurt she ran from adult to adult to alert them and then sat with her until she cheered up".
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

17-02-2010, 07:51 PM
Lisa went with us to a local animal sanctuary near Lewes which the children like to visit. She met a range of different animals. She didn't take any interest in the parrots but spent quite a while watching the chickens but walked on when asked. There were lots of people there today as it is half term and she was so well behaved. She didn't show that much interest in the other dogs, even when some of them were barking at her.

She seemed to be a people magnet and lots of people stopped to ask about her. She met several children and a group of toddlers. She was very well behaved around them and stood nicely so they could stroke her.

Lisa also went for a walk along Seaford Bay. She enjoyed being on the beach and met lots of dogs nicely. We walked into the town centre and she was well behaved in the shopping streets.

Lisa really enjoyed her adventure today and was so tired she fell asleep in the car on the way home.

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

21-02-2010, 11:19 PM
An update from Lisa's fosterer:

On Friday Lisa went for a walk in Ashdown Forest. She enjoyed travelling in the car and sat on the back seat soaking up some of the afternoon sun.

She had a lovely time taking in all the different smells of the forest. She didn't seem to mind the rather muddy paths but did go carefully around the edge of the puddles, she wasn't keen on getting her feet too wet today!

We met a couple of horse riders and she waited nicely at the side of the path for them to pass. Initially she seemed a little bit apprehensive but when we met the second horse rider she was more confident.

We arrived at Pooh Bridge and the children played pooh sticks for a while. Lisa was initially interested in what they were doing and went on to the bridge to watch. Lisa decided that bridges and pooh sticks weren't her kind of thing and that it was far better to wait at the edge of the bridge for them to finish.

Saturday:

Lisa is a little character -this welsh lass appears to enjoy music. She gave us all a shock when we thought the piano had started playing on its own- it was Lisa tinkling the ivories. She can’t quite manage the trumpets yet but she has thought about it!

Lisa enjoys going on walks and to the recreation ground to play ball but when she is at home she is calm and is usually quietly playing with her toys, relaxing in her bed, sleeping or having a cuddle".

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >