View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2009, 10:41 AM
I feel so sorry for you, having to put up with such cr*p! It makes me even more grateful that my nearest neighbour is a mile away!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2009, 09:54 PM
Others have the problem where we live....but quite honestly we don't, one look at Patrick and no-one parks across our drive, that is one of his pet-hates, and boy would he let them know it, once he's had his say they stay clear away.

next door the woman has moved her boyfriend in....two things have already upset Pat, one her BF came out and told the Gasman to move his van which was parked across our drive (as they were doing work here) and today silly man went out into his garden and sprayed the sun lounger with flea spray.....(talking to sunlounger) ''there you go your free of fleas'' Pat's none too happy as he says if he's talking about any of our cats....he'll have him

funny part is, 4 cats were sat on his sun lounger yesterday....he thought they were ours and tried chasing them into our garden, he must of wondered why they didn't come over, well thats because they belong to the lady who lives the otherside
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2009, 11:17 PM
Pat's lovely leave him alone.............a gentleman.
I bet its you they are scared of...
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2009, 05:03 AM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
Pat's lovely leave him alone.............a gentleman.
I bet its you they are scared of...
...you telltale you
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2009, 05:59 AM
I feel for you *hugs* We felt the same about where we used to live, especially once we'd been away for a holiday - you come back to the pettiness and aggravation.

When we owned a transit van, Paul had to park it one day in front of our neighbour's house ( no dip, no drive! ) and she complained bitterly he was spoiling her view! Her view... in Dagenham?
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2009, 07:39 AM
It seems the good weather brings out the worst in them to me.

Last night I refused to drive my car over the kerb to get into my designated space after next doors bf had parked blocking all the spaces. He doesn't even live there so no way I'm inconvinencing myself for him as it's not the first time he's blocked us all in/out.

Then as I closed up the greenhouse last night there was a football in the garden. This was about 11pm so couldn't ask who's it was over the fences as no-one around so thought I'd leave it til today. As I was getting ready for bed I heard something but couldn't see anything in the garden. This morning the ball has gone so they've been in by garden to get it which really annoys me.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2009, 07:57 AM
Originally Posted by esmed View Post
It seems the good weather brings out the worst in them to me.

Last night I refused to drive my car over the kerb to get into my designated space after next doors bf had parked blocking all the spaces. He doesn't even live there so no way I'm inconvinencing myself for him as it's not the first time he's blocked us all in/out.

Then as I closed up the greenhouse last night there was a football in the garden. This was about 11pm so couldn't ask who's it was over the fences as no-one around so thought I'd leave it til today. As I was getting ready for bed I heard something but couldn't see anything in the garden. This morning the ball has gone so they've been in by garden to get it which really annoys me.
The ball thing, we had that in our last house! The little boy next door used to just stand there, kick his football up as high as he could and then see where it landed, usually in our garden. I couldn't even put the baby (who's now 13) in the garden in her pram, in case she got whacked with a ball. If we were home, he'd come and knock for us to throw the ball back (continuously). If we were out, he'd climb over the fence At times, there'd be 10 or more of his footballs in the garden. I'd leave them there, go out and they'd be gone when I got back

In the end, I had enough. Told the little boy that he could get his ball this time but the next time a ball came over it would stay there until it was convenient for us to throw back (so not to knock) and no more climbing over the fence when we were out! The neighbours never spoke to us again (just filthy looks) but at least the balls stopped coming over We had a large glass conservatory (with ornate glass) and we explained our worries with regard the glass (to which their reply was "the ball won't hurt it ).

I think some parents are short of brain cells. Needless to say, the next house we bought, we made sure it was detached, no overlooking neighbours, garage, off-street parking for two cars. At least we live relatively peacefully now. Have only one neighbour to really speak of (they are lovely people, the rest are across a road with a great grass verge in front of their houses, so they are not close at all. It's hard to find a house with all that. We have thought of moving since (as our kids don't even go to school in this County) but we can't find anything to compare in the price range Next move will be in a field miles from any neighbours at all, if I get my way (can you tell I'm not really a people person )
**Leanne**
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-06-2009, 10:04 AM
I hate the parking in our street, we also have a medical centre in our street and at times it's like picidily circus! I dont mind parking off our street or down a bit but hate it when I've done the shopping and have to lug loads of bags. But what really annoys me is when people park miles behind another one and take up 2 spaces not allowing others to get parked. Oh and the double parking!!!! I was left one day for an hour tooting in my car because someone had parked at the side of me! It took one of my other neighbours to move to let me reverse out!
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2009, 11:02 AM
please dont even get me started on that subject as it does my blood pressure no good.

hate where we live and we cant even park outside our house when we have had a disabled bay there for m's use.

sue
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2009, 12:15 PM
I really feel for people regarding the parking issue. I guess when many houses were built, people had 1 car or none and that is why so many people struggle to park now when many households have 2 or more cars.

When we moved into our flat we had 2 cars, the allocation was 1 space per flat and 6 or so visitor spaces for 31 flats, so everyone with 2 cars used to fight for the vistor spaces. We were very lucky as our space, and a neighbour's, was at the end of the row and it was long enough to park 2 cars in easily. When we moved, having a driveway for 2 or more cars was non-negotiable!

A friend lives in London and she has terrible problems with parking. Older properties have been divided into as many as five flats so they have way too many cars per off street parking spaces. She hates going shopping as she can never park anywhere near her flat and has to carry her all of shopping. One day she parked further along her street and came back to find matchsticks shoved in her locks (her car is pre central locking). I think it dominates some people's lives, my friend says she often sees people reguarly checking for spaces and leaping into action to move the car when one becomes free a bit closer to their flat.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >