Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2008, 03:14 PM

Survivors - I wish they hadn`t!

I was looking forward to the remake of Survivors, having thoroughly enjoyed the original.
I switched this one off after an hour, unable to bear it any more. It was melodramatic, dumbed down and unbelievably PC. The sticking point with me came when an earnest Youth Hostel worker lectured us on how `we`ll all have to re-learn old skills...can you skin an animal? I`m going off now to climb in the Peaks`. Of course you are, mate - then when you get in trouble you can lie there on your own and die. In the original, what was interesting was the way survivors clung together to help & shared their skills, gradually finding a new way to live.
I`ve just bought myself an early Christmas present and ordered the original series on DVD - strangely they`ve just released it today so they may have been expecting this reaction.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2008, 03:17 PM
I couldn't stand the acting! And whining that they all did, bloody hell it was painful.

Shan't be watching it again.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2008, 04:15 PM
Actually I enjoyed it bt I would like to see the original to see how it compafred. Can you pm me details?
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2008, 08:59 PM
We've just watched this. We never saw the original either.

We liked it and will be watching the next episode.

I didn't think it was that bad at all - or perhaps I'm easily pleased.....
catsta2001
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-11-2008, 09:13 PM
I was really looking forward to this, but i turned off after 40 mins or so. My housemate absolutely loved it.
lynnb
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-11-2008, 09:48 PM
I don't know why i watch these type of programs i always get annoyed at the people, OK maybe its just me, but don't you start to think what would i do, well for a start i wouldn't have just walked past a room full of food and water like the prisoner did and not take some,considering he hadn't eaten for about 24 hours. even the mother looking for her son, i would have searched the whole hospital. are there others like me?
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2008, 09:49 PM
Loved the original and quite liked the first new episode. It could never be as good as the original as we live in different times, when the original was showing we were in dire straights as a country and it really felt as if the world could end, compared to now when we have so much more.
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-11-2008, 10:08 PM
I quite liked it, but then I am very in to survivally type things (I may even have my post apocalyptic world survival plan all worked out, down to my zombie weapon and GSD ).
I did think that a lot of it seemed pulled from Stephen Kings' The Stand when I watched it, but it would seem that the original was made before The Stand was published, guess there's only so many plot points to go on with this type of thing.
Asti
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-11-2008, 10:17 PM
I think I may be barking up the wrong tree with this one, but was the original series called "The Survivors" that used to be on each week years ago with Stuart Damon, William Gaunt and that Alexandra Bastillo (or whatever her name is)? They are showing re-runs of it on Sky at the moment. Is that the programme the series it is based on? I'm really interested to know.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2008, 07:03 AM
http://www.survivorstvseries.com/ this is it
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >