Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2008, 10:10 PM

Fell Over - Now In Agony

I insisted on going out for a walk with Max today as I wanted to get some pictures of him in the snow. My dad had offered to take him out for me, as I'm still not overly steady with my knee, so I agreed to let him come with me.

About halfway round I was playing with Max and having such a good time, with him launching himself at me, twisting away and doing zoomies around the field then I went to step towards him and I must have stepped on a really slippery patch and I went straight over the worst part was I went down in the splits (which I've never been able to do!) and my bad knee bent underneath me and twisted in a really awquard way I just layed on the ground for ages as I couldn't even bring myself to sit up - as you can imagine I was soaked when I finally sat up! I was in total panic mode as I really thought for a minute that I'd broken my kneecap again, as I'm still in the stage where I need to be so careful after having the tension wires removed. Finally pulled myself up with my dad's help and hobbled back to the car - although I couldn't have been further away if I tried! And right in the middle of nowhere

Got straight in the bath when I got home and have been layed on the sofa with my leg up ever since. It's just so painful and everytime I move in a certain way I get a horrible sharp pain through it Think I'm going to take the day off tomorrow and I have physio on tuesday - if it gets worse I'll take a trip to A&E or doctors thank god my dad was with me!
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2008, 10:14 PM
OOh, poor you. I can symapathise having abad knee at the moment but nothing as bad as yours sounds. Hope it improves with elevation etc....
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2008, 10:21 PM
You poor thing,thank goodness you had your dad with you. I hope you haven't done any damage to your knee, try and keep it rested and see how it is tomorrow. If it is no better in the morning I should think you really need to have it seen to. I do hope you can have a good night, and hopefully your knee will improve by tomorrow. Sending healing vibes to you.
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2008, 10:31 PM
Poor you, fingers crossed you have just bruised it and nothing more serious. Have a good rest and hopefully it will feel better. xx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2008, 10:33 PM
Hope you feel abit better tomorrow, I know how you feel I've had 3 x op on mine after a motorbike accident.....I still have to put my weight on it carefully. Hope you see someone if no better tomorrow Good Luck and Hugs xxxxxxxxx
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2008, 05:58 AM
Oh no, hope it's a bit easier today and you haven't done any lasting damage. xx
Teddysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-04-2008, 06:08 AM
The things we do for our dogs! You poor thing. Take it easy but I think you should get it checked out.

Julie and Teddy
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2008, 06:23 AM
Oh Hayley, how dreadful for you honey. Hope you managed to get some rest overnight, but somehow, I doubt it.

Big hugs, honey x0x0x
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2008, 08:29 AM
Well I managed to get a fairly decent night last night, took co-codamol and ibuprofen before I went to bed and had my leg propped up on a pillow all night. OH bless him slept on the floor as he was so worried about turning over and hitting my leg. The painkillers knocked me out and I got about 5 hours in.

The pain is not really any easier this morning, I've called work and decided against going in - it takes a lot for me to take a day off!

I'm waiting for OH to get in from work before I decide what to do, can't decide whether to go and get it seen to today, or to wait and get my physiotherapist to look when I go for my appointment tomorrow

Thankyou everyone for the lovely messages
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2008, 08:36 AM
Ouch! That sounds nasty, whatever you decide I hope you get some relief from the pain you are obviously in! A trip to A&E may be in order. Sending you Hugs!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >