Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-05-2013, 06:35 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread (Saturday).

Morning everyone.
Bit of a funny day here weather wise bright sunshine then the clouds come and mask it all. Looks like we have had some rain in the night I don't mind that if it means it stays dry during the day.

Better mention Happy birthday to my mum who is 93 today.
I am not visiting Gill and big brother Michael are going to see her. Mum says she only has two years left she has been saying that since dad died nearly 15 years ago. Us children say she will get her telegram. Only another 7 to go then.

Not a lot planned today except for walking Dillon of course who will need a good groom and fur round and underneath paws trimmed oh dear its a nightmare doing them if we are off to the Bernese garden party to show him off tomorrow.
Popping out for some wood so Gorden can finish the porch off and we need to mow the grass out the front and I need to weed up near the pond its a bit precarious up there and I worry I might take a dip. Its not deep but I still don't fancy getting wet.
Of course it all depends on how Gorden's cold is for some of the jobs he needs to do as he probably is under the impression he has man flu. Those schools are germ ridden places. I tell you he has never had so many colds since being away from teaching for the past 13 years.

Helena good luck with the van change over and best stay away from Dunelms for a few days. Or go in in disguise just in case they have you on cctv.
I hope Dave hasn't brought bad news home with him and you can enjoy your weekend getting the heavy furniture back into the lounge so you can both enjoy it now after all the hard work.
Norma I did laugh about Mr Fritz going for a ride in the police car. Shame the Policeman got away by the sounds of it.
June have a nice time with your friends and the kitchen floor will still be there tomorrow.
Emmis I hope you are going shopping today and did you get the take away in the end or was it too late by the time your friend arrived ?
Malka hoping you and Pereg had a peaceful night.
Linda that you got some sleep.
Jackie that you got the mess Millie left you cleaned up. There was a picture on a Bernese site of a Bernese in America who is a rescue and while the person was at work they had a storm and it has wrecked a door literally and made its paws bleed. Gosh that door was a mess. I hope your mess Millie left you wasn't that bad.
Jenny on the Riviera have a lovely weekend with your friends.
Bev I hope Charly and Ash have lots planned for the weekend together before he departs for his long tour. (((Hugs)) for them both and you. I know you are going to have to be there to pick up the pieces for Charly and you will miss and worry about Ash too.
jenny any news on the dentist and your mum's teeth ?
Lorraine I hope you are feeling better today and there have been no more dramas with your poor mum and that your dad is holding up ok.
Enjoy the cadet weekend.

I hope that's everyone who needed a mention mentioned if I have missed anyone sorry. I will catch you later.

Have a safe and enjoyable Saturday everyone.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2013, 06:54 AM
Morning Lynn and all,
Going to pop up Tesco's shortly and get some chicken etc to do a roast today. I am hoping Ash will wake up feeling better today as he was really ill all the night before last and yesterday with sickness and dire rear. Typical man timing being ill at the wrong time and especially after I made his and my favourite Banoffee pie for him and I. Still if he is up to it he can enjoy some today.
He has to leave early hours Monday morning, its going to be awful not having him here and hearing the constant laughter between him and Charly. Charly has her exams starting Monday too so its going to be so hard for her to concentrate. Just hope he hasn't passed his bug onto Charly too and she gets it as she starts her exams.

I have some housework to do here and I need to phone the vet this morning as we need to sort something about poor Lily's teeth and decide what we can do about her kidney problem. It will be lily's 8th birthday tomorrow, so i had better save her some chicken . Otherwise apart from cutting the grass I am going to try and have a quiet weekend as next week and next weekend is super busy for me.

Happy birthday to your mum Lynn and good luck with Dillons paw trimming.

Malka I hope you and Pereg have had a peaceful night.

Hugs to those that need it and I hope you all have a lovely weekend.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-05-2013, 06:57 AM
Morning Bev sorry to hear Ash has been unwell I hope he wakes up bright and perky today so you can all enjoy the weekend together.
Good luck with sorting something for Lily's teeth let us know how you get on please.
So this is a quiet weekend for you then.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2013, 07:03 AM
Good morning all.

My mum's birthday today too Lynn (she's 90) so a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the two mums

We are off to Barnsley today. My sister is doing a running buffet at mum's because all the family will be calling in at some time during the day.

We're not setting off until 9.30 am but I've a fair bit to do before we go so won't be around today.

Hope Ash is feeling better this morning, Bev, and that Charlie manages to get some revising done.

Have a good day all and enjoy!!! xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-05-2013, 07:05 AM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
Good morning all.

My mum's birthday today too Lynn (she's 90) so a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the two mums

We are off to Barnsley today. My sister is doing a running buffet at mum's because all the family will be calling in at some time during the day.

We're not setting off until 9.30 am but I've a fair bit to do before we go so won't be around today.

Hope Ash is feeling better this morning, Bev, and that Charlie manages to get some revising done.

Have a good day all and enjoy!!! xx
Morning Chris. Happy birthday to your mum.
Enjoy your day with all the family. Safe journey.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2013, 07:05 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning Bev sorry to hear Ash has been unwell I hope he wakes up bright and perky today so you can all enjoy the weekend together.
Good luck with sorting something for Lily's teeth let us know how you get on please.
So this is a quiet weekend for you then.
Oh yes definetly a quiet one for me Lynn I am focusing hard on finding at least 30 mins this weekend to sit down and do absolutly nothing

Happy Birthday to your mum too Chris.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2013, 07:09 AM

A very quickie, I see that my friends plane has just landed so I am going to be tied up today and I won't be around much all week.
I hope you will manage without me! Have a good week, hope everything goes well for you all, think of me eating icecreams and lazing around..... not!!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-05-2013, 07:20 AM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post

A very quickie, I see that my friends plane has just landed so I am going to be tied up today and I won't be around much all week.
I hope you will manage without me! Have a good week, hope everything goes well for you all, think of me eating icecreams and lazing around..... not!!!
Morning Jenny. See you again soon enjoy your week and don't work too hard.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2013, 07:22 AM
Good morning Folks, Happy Birthday to the two Mums. Its bound to rain I have some washing in the machine. Hope the wash and brush up and manicure for Dillon goes well so he is the pride of the party.

Malka and Pereg, hope you had a good night.

Steve has been walking the floor quite a bit to ease the pain of his back but he is kidding himself he is going to work, he is supposed to be laying a 600ml x 600ml tile patio today. He said he just hoped to get the layout done if no actually laying of tiles. He doesn't get to see the osteopath until Tuesday morning. He took some more Tramadol last night but has resorted to extra strong paracetamol this morning as he doesn't want to get fixed on tramadol.

Well have a good day all and lets hope it is going to dry up.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-05-2013, 07:25 AM

Da Booger only got up once but found massive hedgehog and brought it in and I had massive fights with her to get it out of her mouth and chuck it away.

Sorry but I do not want flea-full hedgehogs in my house, especially as Da Booger wanted to bring in to bed.

I am way out of touch with what has been going on lately, mucho apols to all.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »