Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-03-2013, 06:54 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread (Saturday).

Morning everyone.
Well the weather here is atrocious. It has been blowing a gale all night and now its snowing. Its not laying on the paths or roads at the moment but it is laying on the grass. So it will be pavement pounding as the field will still be to wet.
Dillon did better this morning and slept till 1/4 to 6 but is very restless and barking he has now had some valerian in the hopes we do not get the awful behaviour we had yesterday as I don't think mine or Gorden' nerves can take it after his bombshell news yesterday.
We are papering the walls behind the washing machine and tumbler in the downstairs loo today and of course the outdoor jobs have to be put off again because of the weather and we really want the house on the market by Easter. So if anyone has any influence up there we could really do with some please.

Haven't caught up with the end of yesterdays thread so will try to work from memory.

Jenny I hope the rain has eased down in the SW and to all other members living that way and hope things start to dry up and there isn't to much devastation.
Helena I hope Zena is doing well today and no more frights for you. Congratulations on the caravan.
Bev big (((hugs))) for today I know this house business has been a big upset for you.
Malka I do hope there have been no more dramas for you and that you got a good nights rest.
Linda hoping you had a better night too last night.
June I hope you are feeling ok this morning it must of felt strange getting up to no Ash today.
If I have missed anyone I am sorry and of course wish you better if feeling unwell and hoping all doglets are well too.

Will catch up later.
Have a safe and happy Saturday and remember wrap up warm.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-03-2013, 07:03 AM

At last, at long last I can tell de peeples dat
Dis be a BONUS
Day today

So post on 'ere
An' gets your number
Wot might be de lucky one
Or sumfink near
Who knows, who knows

An' 'oo knows if you might do win
De Steam Mop
Wot we all does want
[but I know that I really can't]
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2013, 07:19 AM
Morning Lynn, Malka and all

I was so sorry to see that Gorden has been messed around regarding the job. I do hope something better is around the corner soon. Tell Dillon to behave himself or I will have to come and have a word with him!

I was also sorry to see that Bev's intended move is now off. I know how much you have wanted this for so long.

I was glad to see the happy pictures of Ash settling into his new home. At least something went right yesterday.

You definitely need a customer loyalty card H for the amount of money you spend at Dunelms.

Yesterday was a bit trying, the motormover rollers were changed on the caravan but couldn't test them as the battery hadn't charged up, spent ages filddling with it but had no joy so far. I discovered I had a puncture (again) was hoping it would be repairable but unfortunately there was a gash down to the canvas on a side wall so I ended up having to have yet another new tyre. I had just deposited some money into my bank account to cover my dog food bill, I might just as well have just given it straight to the garage! We have so many horrendous pot holes here, I really gave the car a jolt the other day so probably damaged the tyre then. At least I wasn't hurtling along the motorway with a dodgy tyre.

It has been raining non stop since yesterday afternoon so could well have difficulty getting out today, we haven't had the dreaded snow so far but ended up having to cancel our show for tomorrow as so many people (and the venue and judge) are not so lucky.

I hope everyone has a lovely day, despite this awful weather.
skjerstad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2013, 07:21 AM
morning all, not usually on here this early, but we're going to Skye today to see the family. Haven't seen m.i.l. since we got married last May, at the time she phoned and wished my hubby to be, Good Luck! what sort of sentiment is that?
Anyway, looking forward to seeing b.i.l., s.i.l and kids. Roads look good, still windy but no snow in this area, and looks like sunshine for all day tomorow.

Hope you all have a good day, the weather isn't too mean to you, nobody has suffered to much damage and all you hairy friends are well.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2013, 07:49 AM
Morning

Snow, snow, snow. Again!

Loki had us up early with his pacing and whining - argh, and after another bad night I could have done without it! Never mind, we're up now.

I need to source some milk thistle today as H&B have taken their own one away for now to get approval or something from the EU!

Have a super day.
xxx
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-03-2013, 07:54 AM
Morning all, snowed in here today, so wont be doing much.

Hope everyone's problems get sorted soon, seems lots of luck is over due for many of you

Have as good a one as you can folks, and stay safe xx
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2013, 08:04 AM
Morning Lynn and fellow members,

Lynn - an earliesh call for you this morning ..... I was woken at
the same time ...... maybe we should pool our dogs and take it in turn so that we both got lie-ins I hope the papering goes well and the snow doesn't settle on the pavements.

Moet - Sorry about your puncture and as you say it was probably one of those potholes that caused it. Our roads are diabolical around here. What a shame that the show had to be cancelled ..... this weather is just unreal for Spring

Malka - thanks for the reminer. My kitchen floor is in desperate need for a steam clean

Skjerstad - What a fantastic place to live on the Orkney Islands. My parents use to go visit yearly as they fell in love so although I've never been, I must have seen a zillion photos. I hope you trip to the 'out-laws' goes well.

LS - I hope Loki settles and you can try and catch up on your lack of sleep. ((hugs)).

Snowing here but not settling after all the rain we had overnight. I still think we've been incredibly lucky here ... so far .... and having just seen the forecast I think we should all be moving down to part of the north coast of Devon where some sun is forecast .... or up north to Orkney. My son is meant to be taking Flash out with him this morning to walk him with some friends and their dogs ..... hopefully when he wakes up he'll realise that its too vile out there for a long walk. Flash will have to wear his Equafleece since he had his short hair cut last week.

See you all later.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-03-2013, 08:45 AM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post

At last, at long last I can tell de peeples dat
Dis be a BONUS
Day today

So post on 'ere
An' gets your number
Wot might be de lucky one
Or sumfink near
Who knows, who knows

An' 'oo knows if you might do win
De Steam Mop
Wot we all does want
[but I know that I really can't]
Morning Malka is it steam mop bonus day ? You seem cheery today so hopefully no disasters and and a good nights rest was had.

Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
Morning Lynn, Malka and all

I was so sorry to see that Gorden has been messed around regarding the job. I do hope something better is around the corner soon. Tell Dillon to behave himself or I will have to come and have a word with him!

I was also sorry to see that Bev's intended move is now off. I know how much you have wanted this for so long.

I was glad to see the happy pictures of Ash settling into his new home. At least something went right yesterday.

You definitely need a customer loyalty card H for the amount of money you spend at Dunelms.

Yesterday was a bit trying, the motormover rollers were changed on the caravan but couldn't test them as the battery hadn't charged up, spent ages filddling with it but had no joy so far. I discovered I had a puncture (again) was hoping it would be repairable but unfortunately there was a gash down to the canvas on a side wall so I ended up having to have yet another new tyre. I had just deposited some money into my bank account to cover my dog food bill, I might just as well have just given it straight to the garage! We have so many horrendous pot holes here, I really gave the car a jolt the other day so probably damaged the tyre then. At least I wasn't hurtling along the motorway with a dodgy tyre.

It has been raining non stop since yesterday afternoon so could well have difficulty getting out today, we haven't had the dreaded snow so far but ended up having to cancel our show for tomorrow as so many people (and the venue and judge) are not so lucky.

I hope everyone has a lovely day, despite this awful weather.
Morning Gerri sorry to hear all did not go well with the caravan and about the tyre. Our roads are the same some people are claiming compensation from the local councils and succeeding surely it would cost them less to fix the roads in the first place. Isn't that what road tax is supposed to help with ?
What a shame about the show tomorrow.
I will tell Dillon you will be on your way if he doesn't settle down.

Originally Posted by skjerstad View Post
morning all, not usually on here this early, but we're going to Skye today to see the family. Haven't seen m.i.l. since we got married last May, at the time she phoned and wished my hubby to be, Good Luck! what sort of sentiment is that?
Anyway, looking forward to seeing b.i.l., s.i.l and kids. Roads look good, still windy but no snow in this area, and looks like sunshine for all day tomorow.

Hope you all have a good day, the weather isn't too mean to you, nobody has suffered to much damage and all you hairy friends are well.
Morning. Have a safe journey and a lovely day.

Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Morning

Snow, snow, snow. Again!

Loki had us up early with his pacing and whining - argh, and after another bad night I could have done without it! Never mind, we're up now.

I need to source some milk thistle today as H&B have taken their own one away for now to get approval or something from the EU!

Have a super day.
xxx
Morning Linda sorry to hear Loki is unsettled again and that you had another bad night.
I hope you manage to get some rest at some point today and Loki settles. Has he had another fit or working up to one ? Fingers crossed he hasn't/ doesn't.

Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Morning all, snowed in here today, so wont be doing much.

Hope everyone's problems get sorted soon, seems lots of luck is over due for many of you

Have as good a one as you can folks, and stay safe xx
Morning Jackie. At least we are not snowed in and won't be hopefully. Fingers crossed it clears for you soon and you can get out.

Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
Morning Lynn and fellow members,

Lynn - an earliesh call for you this morning ..... I was woken at
the same time ...... maybe we should pool our dogs and take it in turn so that we both got lie-ins I hope the papering goes well and the snow doesn't settle on the pavements.

Moet - Sorry about your puncture and as you say it was probably one of those potholes that caused it. Our roads are diabolical around here. What a shame that the show had to be cancelled ..... this weather is just unreal for Spring

Malka - thanks for the reminer. My kitchen floor is in desperate need for a steam clean

Skjerstad - What a fantastic place to live on the Orkney Islands. My parents use to go visit yearly as they fell in love so although I've never been, I must have seen a zillion photos. I hope you trip to the 'out-laws' goes well.

LS - I hope Loki settles and you can try and catch up on your lack of sleep. ((hugs)).

Snowing here but not settling after all the rain we had overnight. I still think we've been incredibly lucky here ... so far .... and having just seen the forecast I think we should all be moving down to part of the north coast of Devon where some sun is forecast .... or up north to Orkney. My son is meant to be taking Flash out with him this morning to walk him with some friends and their dogs ..... hopefully when he wakes up he'll realise that its too vile out there for a long walk. Flash will have to wear his Equafleece since he had his short hair cut last week.

See you all later.
Morning Jenny good idea about pooling the dogs.
If your son does go on his walk with Flash I hope they don't get to cold. I think I need one of those equafleece's.

We gave up at just gone 7am and took Dillon out he was getting himself in a right old state again. It isn't as cold as it has been now its snowing but it is horrible out there but it is is horrible and the snow is settling in places.
Be careful if going out it is a bit slippery underfoot.
Dillon seems calmer now so hopefully the combination of Valerian his walk and his food which he will get in a minute he will have a calmer day. He needs to if we have jobs to do.

Gorden has just checked our money situation and we are going to ring the vet when they open and book him in on Tuesday if they have a slot to have the furry plums removed. The vet agreed we could pay one half on the day and the other half a month later so that's helps a bit.
Lets hope it sorts his hormones out over the next few months.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2013, 08:52 AM
Morning Lynn and all
Weather awful here too, gales and snow which is now settling fast. Looks like British Summertime which starts next weekend will start in true British style.

Sorry for bringing a downer to the thread yesterday afternoon, but I am very upset about the house. Charly didn't want to move there because the difficulty of getting to uni everyday and the expense, which I can understand and her future career has to come first. I just so wanted it to get away from here and to be near my family and the area is so nice and rural. If i went there she would have to move out and she can't afford that and then I would still have the bedroom tax to pay because I would still have a spare bedroom.

Charly is off to Strasbourg at 7am with the uni tomorrow till Wed late night and then Thur her and Ash are heading down to Devon for a week or 10days. Its times like this when I am alone for days on end it would be nice to be living in that house we saw yesterday as I would be in walking distance from my sister and a short drive from my parents and I have friends over there too. It has all really put me on a big downer as I was hoping we could work it somehow as the people really want my house here. Never mind I need to pull myself together as I am wallowing in self pity about always having to give up my dreams and chances and thats not like me.

Good luck with the decorating Lynn. I have had enough of that the last couple of weeks so don't envy you.
Thinking of all you with really bad snow or floods, I saw it on the news last night it looks awful.
Take care out there everyone.

Good
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-03-2013, 08:59 AM
Morning Lynn morning all
Sorry to hear things haven't worked out regarding Gordens job so soul destroying ,hopefully something will turn up soon ,
Dillon settles today
Sorry some folk have had disappointment regarding house moves n car troubles
Snow snow n the sky's heavy looks like more on the way ,main roads fairly clear ,but cars having trouble in our street ,slip sliding about winds picking up too
Got to nip out later not looking forward to that
Dogs not hanging about n happy to get back indoors
Do take care everyone if your traveling
Hope everyone has a good day ,problems work themselves out ,all poorly 2n4legged feel better soon
Take care stay safe xxxxx
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 > Last »