Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2010, 03:55 AM

Survivors

Did anyone else watch this? It has Max Beesley in it. It was very good but another series has not been commissioned!!!!!!!
Same with the US Vampire series Moonlight. Such a shame.
Oh and Echo Beach and Moving Wall Paper.
kazer
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-12-2010, 09:51 AM
I used to watch Big Love on channel 5 but they only bought the first series, even though they are onto the 3 or 4 series in the US. Don't think you can even buy the dvd.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2010, 10:45 AM
That's a shame, I really liked Survivors. Missed the last series and was going to catch up before the new one started, guess I won't bother now!

Used to like Echo Beach and the like too, cuts, cuts and more cuts I suppose?!
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2010, 11:03 AM
Personally I loved survivors after I had got over the fact it was not the same as the original series, but on serious Cult TV forums it really took a bashing right to the end. The producers posted a few times asking for time and people to watch with an open mind but most people just kept bashing it.
Sadly the survivors fans from the original series mainly didn't give it a chance and with the original still available on line to watch and compare it with it just didn't stand up very well.

I have almost given up starting new long running series Jeremiah, Prey, Jericho all great series all ended on cliffhangers and never renewed.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2010, 11:04 AM
I loved the first series so didn`t like the new one (sorry).
I think it was the glossy makeup that really irritated me. Never mind the fact that society is in ruins - check the lip gloss. And how come they all had beautifully ironed clothes?
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2010, 11:48 AM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
I loved the first series so didn`t like the new one (sorry).
I think it was the glossy makeup that really irritated me. Never mind the fact that society is in ruins - check the lip gloss. And how come they all had beautifully ironed clothes?
Well with so few people still alive I have always thought you would be able to keep yourself reasonably clothed for many years just by visiting peoples wardrobes. Same with makeup - would last generations if you look in most ladies homes not to mention stores and warehouses.
Whether you would bother of course is another subject but the key components would be readily available.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2010, 11:51 AM
Oh what a shame. I never saw the first series years ago but I have enjoyed this. It was left on such a cliff hanger - that is so annoying!
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-12-2010, 11:58 AM
check uout the walking dead
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2010, 12:23 PM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
check uout the walking dead
Don`t you find it a bit slow? Great idea but ....
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2010, 12:27 PM
Originally Posted by Julie View Post
Well with so few people still alive I have always thought you would be able to keep yourself reasonably clothed for many years just by visiting peoples wardrobes. Same with makeup - would last generations if you look in most ladies homes not to mention stores and warehouses.
Whether you would bother of course is another subject but the key components would be readily available.
True but... hot water? Hairdressers? mirrors?
In the original, the survivors had to escape to very rural areas because of disease and feral dogs in the cities (think of the billions of bodies). They had to go right back to basics. It was interesting. How would you cook? Get water? Grow food? Defend yourself? Keep warm? Wash your sheets?
Watching people start to rebuild their lives was what made the first one so fascinating.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >