View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2016, 03:43 PM
Going to take Amber out for another walk at 4pm and then hopefully there will be enough juice in the battery to take me up to the post office and back. Better not leave it too late because do not want to have to use lights on the car. Which makes me think perhaps I ought to try the car out now before I take Amber for her walk. Will go see if the car starts ok.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-01-2016, 03:45 PM
Tell your dad, never mind, I'll take it for a spin in the wet weather, it won't be put away wet, because I have no garage
I used to feel sorry for the dog as well, because he used to be barking and it was echoing, which made it worse. His mum and dad are really getting on now, they have a wood burner and the house will be warm and cosy for him and he'll be spoiled, his brother lives there as well, in fact he was there originally, no idea what happened, he ended up next door to me and Jeff is quite open in that he's not a dog person.
Going dark here already Moyra and its raining as well
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2016, 04:37 PM
Got to the post office and back, no problem turning colder again. I do not expect it to be as cold as it was last night though we were down to about minus 3 or 4 it was so solidly frozen. Killed off some of my daffodils that or the foxes pushing past them snapped the stems of the ones in bloom, still quite a few yet to come out.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2016, 04:46 PM
Good afternoon

Hope your wallet is still intact Gordon and not in shock

Good news about the poor dog June. I have the same here with a dog walker its my fault one of her dogs nearly pulls her over as it sounds off. As it can't get to another dog it always turns on the other dog with her.

All this talk of fear is making me itch

Just had one of our neighbours call, can I please let their dog out tomorrow evening as she has to take her husband to hospital tomorrow afternoon and as she has to encounter the M25 may be late home. Its nice to know they trust us as we have only been here 18months and the others in our part of the road have been here a lot longer, so what they did before I don't know. Nice little dog so if not raining I will take him a walk if not it will be a quick outing in the garden
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2016, 04:55 PM
Moyra, very glad you made it there and back in one piece
TW..i will chuck you the keys...nice little 3litre roadster Lol
Sue, that is lovely that they have asked you...maybe it is because they know you are a "dog" person.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2016, 06:07 PM
Sue, that is very kind of you. You must be well respected by the neighbours already but obviously they know you love your dog so considered you a good person to ask.

So with a bit of luck it is going to be warmer tomorrow, even if back to wet again. Change is as good as a rest.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-01-2016, 06:37 PM
Very wet here, and although its not cold I've put the heat lamps on low to encourage them to stay in, have already sent Kesh in twice in as many minutes. Don't mind warm and dry, I mind warm and wet
Thats lovely of you Sue, taking the dog a little walk round as well, I would help Jeff out if he asked me, but he hasn't, and also what would probably happen is I would end up sorting the dog out every day, thats why I have kept out of it as I've enough with my own, but I do feel sorry for it, passed from pillar to post with no one really having any feeling for it.
Thanks for the keys Griff, just tell your dad its gone for its winter holiday
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2016, 06:58 PM
Lol, he would have a breakdown TW
Back from the vet...we survived lol 2 sedatives and she was still trying to fling herself off the table. Got her vacs, anal glands emptied check over and blood test and it only cost £97 quid..thought I was going to have a 200quid bill lol
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2016, 07:11 PM
Blimey Griff, I would think £97 was bad enough, what we do for our dogs. I know I spent enough on Amber last time I took her but they are worth it.

I am waiting to go to bed but Emmerdale is on and Steve hasn't left yet. I have to go to bed early here to get warm but it is not so bad tonight. Shall not need the extra blanket on the bed tonight, Griff hope you will be warm enough!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2016, 07:22 PM
To be honest Moyra, so long as the bill comes in under £200 i don't worry too much, means i might be able to get a haircut and my eyebrows waxed at some point
I am nice and toasty with my new blanket now Thanks Moyra, hope you manage to gt to bed and get warm soon
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >