View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-01-2016, 01:32 PM
For the last couple of years we have used Advantage on both the dogs and cats and a spray for their beds etc. Haven't seen a flea on any of them in a long time, fortunately we live in a relatively tick free area and the only time that we have had an incidence of those is when Gypsy picked one up going round a market up in Todmorden. A tiny drop of Advantage applied directly to the tick - soon solved it's problems and it fell off stone dead.
Wasn't aware that collies were susceptible to flea and tick treatments we used to put them through the sheep dip after the sheep - never had any of them off-colour as a result, so perhaps we were just lucky.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-01-2016, 01:38 PM
Oh Griff - Quinoa with lime and chilli - think I feel ill! LOL !!!
A good and cheap cure for sarcoptic mites/mange is a couple of applications of Benzyl Benzoate - kills all jumpies and is available from any chemist.
I always keep a large bottle in the corn store as it is an excellent cure for scaley leg in poultry (which is caused by the same mite). Any new poultry arriving at the place have their legs treated with it as a precaution to make sure they aren't bringing any lodgers in with them.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2016, 01:44 PM
Amber is treated with Drontal worm killer every three months as well as the monthly Advocate, so no problem with worms or fleas.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2016, 01:47 PM
Yep know all about the mdr1gene so have to be very careful. I think I will use bily no mates and garlic with fenugreek like his brother is on and just see. Oops neighbours is on.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2016, 01:59 PM
i think that must be the same sort of thing as Derbac M LG, that is for headlice, scabies etc in humans....probably the same stuff as you have just in a fancy box and with a name i can pronounce Lol
The quinoa wasn't too bad..it is damn weird stuff though Lol
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-01-2016, 02:26 PM
Mine have a garlic tablet every day in their food and I worm every few months when I remember.
Everyone been out, I too had a food delivery, all that put away and venison necks bagged in lots of 4, 17 of them (so ones in a bag on its lonesome and it can make a bone soup for me) for £8!!! took the cardboard trays, plus only 4 bin liners of shavings and a bag of household rubbish with fire ashes to the tip and back watching Father Brown with a butty and cup of tea.
Was coming back with Cariad and Lona and this woman was walking along the road, she always had a very yappy yorkie with her, that yorkie is no longer here I don't think because she had another one, gave me a filthy look, the dog didn't bark, so neither did mine. I said to her mine will only bark if yours start first, they won't do anything, so I got another filthy look. There's a little clique of old ladies in the village all with yappy dogs that seem to think me and my girls are the anti Christ, and have just proved that its down to them, so not gone down well!!
Rain has started now, so thats the end of dry beds I suppose, but its been a nice rest
I think I have solved the mystery of why the dog isn't barking non stop every day for hours, I saw Jeff go out with it on a lead, he was pushing his bike and had his work bag on his back, bet people have complained and he'll be leaving it with his mum and dad when no ones in.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2016, 02:40 PM
Lets hope that means they are not going to leave it barking for hours now then June. Wanted to nip up to the Post Office and back but my battery has gone flat on me so I have had to put it on charge. All because I have not used the car for a few days and the security on it keeps taking the juice out of the battery while she is not being used. What a pain.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-01-2016, 02:43 PM
Somethings obviously been said for him to take it to his parents house, I thought he was walking it (never seen him do that) but no it was going to Daycare
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2016, 02:52 PM
Yes, must be the neighbour the other side has said something. Brilliant if it resolves the problem.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2016, 03:23 PM
Do you know what TW, i am pleased for you but absolutely chuffed for the little dog!!! poor b*gger must have been really anxious being left on his own, difficult when no one will address the problem, that is why i had an issue with these 2, i got them used to being left, then my mum went off ill and was inall day, then my dad was off for a bit and was in all day...now everyone is back to work i am going to make a point of leaving them a little bit each week, hopefully i can nip and see a lady down the road, she is always nice and lets me go and have a chat if i am up to it
Moyra, you have just reminded me, need to go and start the other beemer up otherwise that will be flat...my dad won't drive a convertible in the wet weather?? says he doesn't want to put it away wet...o.k then
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >