register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-01-2016, 10:37 AM
No LG they stop emptying your bins and the street lights stop working if you don't pay, oh hang on they do that anyway
When does DC go for her visit to her new family, I'm sure you thought long and hard about this, must have been a very difficult decision for you to make.
As regards shopping, you are aware the half crown and 10 bob note are no longer legal tender
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-01-2016, 10:39 AM
Boo! Hiss! Beards unhygenic? What is all this rubbish - and on the TV too! That is disgusting - it is pognophobia! There should be a law against this discrimination against the facially fuzzed!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-01-2016, 10:42 AM
Fancy that LG, I bet its lovely to be able to have a chew of last nights dinner if you get peckish whilst you're out
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-01-2016, 11:01 AM
June - DC's first stay with her new Mum will be a long walk together on Sunday coming and this will be followed by other walks together and then stopping off at her cottage and giving her the occasional small meal there so that she associates the place with food and good times also as I said last night - DC gets on well with her old dog, so initially she won't be suddenly on her own. No idea just how much longer the old boy will last - he has had treatment for two bouts of pancreatitis and has a nervous twitch in one of his legs, but you know what they say about creaking gates. The lady concerned is one of my oldest friends and DC going to live with her will mean she has a companion even when the old boy goes, he is very special to her (as have been all her dogs) but when her husband was dying in the local hospice they used to let the dog in to see him and he used to spend the entire day lying on his master's bed and at the end of the day had to be picked up and carried back to the car to go home as he didn't want to leave his dad and if put down would go racing back in and jump on the bed. So there is a strong link between herself, the dog and her late husband and losing him and being then on her own would not be a good thing. So hopefully, she already adores DC and by the time she loses the old boy, they will be inseparable. Coupled with this DC will have a one on one relationship with her new Mum and won't have to compete with three great big lurchers for her share of the attention, which I feel sure will suit her down to the ground. Of course only time will tell and she'll only be going if it suits all parties perfectly. As you say not an easy decision.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-01-2016, 11:12 AM
You've made it in everybody's best interests I am sure, very very sad about her old dog, the last link with her husband, and it is going be a sad time for her again and I'm sure DC will make sure she is kept busy, and that is an understatement
Well, best get the girls out, keep checking up and the electric people are still doing whatever it is they are doing where the substation flooded, and river low enough for me to take the girls on at the moment, wish they'd get gone
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2016, 11:42 AM
Well I will say good morning all just as it is 11.40am. I have had fun and games with Tyto's skin since last year and eventualy decided to go to the vets. So long story short they decided to give me a tablet to get rid of fleas plus other stuff for his poorly skin. Didn't like what I have read about it the tablet, so taken it back and they gave me a refund. Which was good of them. This tablet cost £30 I looked it up and it only costs £15 but needs a prescription. Anyway I don't have it now. So my question is what do I use on my poor doglet now? I have been using frontline equivalent but wonder if it is working. Being a Border Collie I have to be careful. Until this last end of year he has never really had a problem with fleas. Hope everyone is ok today. Keep warm Moyra, and Sue at least it isn't cold enough for gloves now. Easy to use the poop bags without gloves. Will pop in later. ttfn.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2016, 12:11 PM
Brenda, i think there is a test they can have to see if they carry the gene which will make them react to ivermecitin (sp) Advocate does contain this but is an excellent treatment...alternatively did you look at the billy no mates? it isn't a quick fix i guess but if you can clear him of the fleas then maybe it will be a deterrent to them in future, i have read lots over the past couple of year about the facts that fleas have become resistant to frontline. You can get a fantastic spray for the house...it is very very potent but it does definitely work and will last for 12 months...have a read up on it with Tyto being a collie
http://www.vetuk.co.uk/flea-products...00ml-can-p-677
TW, yes, she found the paperwork again..i put it back where i found it Lol
LG, panic over, have watched the program and you are o.k....beards are not...i repeat not unhygenic. I think it is a lovely lovely thing you have done for that old lady, ensuring she will have a companion when the time comes...just lovely.Lol poor you having no escape from shopping Lol
watched 2 episodes of judge john deed...forgot how much i liked that program, just waiting for the dog food to be delivered...scrap that...it has just been delivered!!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2016, 12:21 PM
Brenda, it is the test for the MDR1 gene that will check if it is safe to use certain flea treatments
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2016, 12:45 PM
I had been using frontline for Amber but the vet advised me that it would be better to use Advocate so that is what I am using now. Seems to suit her.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2016, 01:21 PM
advocate is good as it does for mange and most worms..think there is one that still needs covering with an oral wormer, i have used it for 10 years now as laney had demodetic mange as a pup so we had to do the alludex baths and then advocate treatment, i have to try and do it when i am on my own as my dad forgets and rubs his hands all through where i have put it..well at least he won't gets fleas or mange Lol
just got the quinoa on the hob, i am going to have it with lime and chilli today...oooo adventurous me Lol
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >