View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2012, 08:01 PM
Thanks all. I haven't tried reading to her, I could give that s go. I think I might bring her radio in tomorrow and she can listen to her favourite oldie songs on Capital Gold. Our local priest has come to see her, more as a family friend than anything. They sedated her around 4pm as she was quite distressed, she seems a lot more settled now. They've said she I'd verylikely to sleep right through the night because of it, so we've decided to go home around 10pm and try and get a good nights sleep. We've said for them to ring us straight away if she wakes up and is distressed and we'll jump in the car and come right back.
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2012, 08:26 PM
I hope you get a relaxing sleep in the mean time.

Reading or a radio sounds like a great idea. My aunt enjoyed listing to some of her favourite CDs at the end too I think and even started compiling a list for her funeral.

All the best to you and your mum X
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2012, 08:39 PM
Think I jinxed it Sedative just worn off. Looks like I'm staying the night again. Liam's bringing me some clean clothes and the radio, so hopefully that'll help
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2012, 08:44 PM
Sorry to hear that hope tonight nots too difficult for you all.. That's good of Liam to bring supplies.
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2012, 09:00 PM
You are in my thoughts and prayers
GirondeDeb
Dogsey Senior
Male 

03-05-2012, 07:34 AM
So sorry to read what a tough time you're having.

When Daddy was in his last few days, he seemed calmer when we talked about family memories, and old funny stories that he knew well.

On a practical note, you can get cooling strips to put on your Mum's forehead which will help when she's burning up.

And for you I'd recommend Optrex eye patches...really help with eyes that have cried too much and not slept enough, and much easier than using the eye bath or eye drops.

My heart goes out to you at this awful time.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2012, 10:54 AM
They officially put mum on an end of life pathway today no unnecessary medicines, no food or drink (she can't swallow anyway) etc. She had another really bad night, but she seems settled today. I think they've increased the sedatives in her syringe driver.

It's my dad's birthday today. My cousin is coming to sit with my mum while my brother and I go to the crematorium to visit dad. I know it sounds weird, but it almost feels like an appropriate day for her to go, if she does. To have her and dad back together on his birthday. I think we all just want her to find peace and relief now, we don't want to see her suffer any more.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2012, 11:10 AM
Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post
They officially put mum on an end of life pathway today no unnecessary medicines, no food or drink (she can't swallow anyway) etc. She had another really bad night, but she seems settled today. I think they've increased the sedatives in her syringe driver.

It's my dad's birthday today. My cousin is coming to sit with my mum while my brother and I go to the crematorium to visit dad. I know it sounds weird, but it almost feels like an appropriate day for her to go, if she does. To have her and dad back together on his birthday. I think we all just want her to find peace and relief now, we don't want to see her suffer any more.
So sorry to hear this Amanda. It truly is a horrid disease and hopefully she'll be a peace soon.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-05-2012, 11:11 AM
I hope that your Mum goes peacefully into the light. xx
Mazza
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-05-2012, 11:12 AM
I hope they have increased the sedatives and your mum has a peaceful passing. Your dad will be waiting for her and they will be reunited forever. Stay strong chic, you are constantly in my thoughts and prayers x
Page 14 of 28 « First < 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 > Last »