Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2011, 11:01 AM
I'm so lucky but rather baffled.

Just near me is an old coal mine that the forestry commision has taken over and changed into a local beauty spot, it has some lovely walks, loads of wildlife - kestrels, rabbits, pheasants and even some deer have made it their home A lovely big pond / lake for doggy swims!

It's in the middle of a council estate and it's always empty!!!

I've walked there for about 6 yrs now and even in the height of summer hols whatever time you hardly see another person/dog! I just don't understand it, me and my 3 spend hours there some days and maybe see 1 other person - when I was a kid I would have lived there I reckon making dens etc
Not that I'm complaining at all All I can say is thank god for xboxes and wii's !!!
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2011, 12:06 PM
I've stopped day time walks with Rupert after seeing no less than 5 people literally dragged past my front window yesterday. Not risking it I'm afraid. We'll stick to late night walks again.
TLDAVE
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-04-2011, 01:53 PM
ClaireandDaisy I almost feel guilty as I am coming down to Southend on Monday from Norfolk, going to see Paul Rodgers at the Cliffs Pavilion but I promise to behave!
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-04-2011, 01:56 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
I have finally caved in. Set the alarm for silly o`clock and in all school holdays and Bank Holidays will walk before the families from hell descend on Sunny Southend to be obnoxious for the day.
I can`t help hoping that August will be a Monsoon Season.
Children, I don`t mind. It`s the parents......
lol.. I had to go there last night ,it was quicker to get around the m25 than it was to get through southend ..
Is the traffic that bad all the time ...????
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2011, 02:29 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
Is the traffic that bad all the time ...????
Yes.
It`s actually quicker to get the train through Southend. Come to think of it - it`s quicker to walk.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-04-2011, 02:30 PM
We hit it where that big Tesco extra is ...
Is it true you can only walk 4 dogs at a time in southend ????
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2011, 05:25 PM
I couldn't believe this morning when I took Tilly for a walk on the farm just before 7am - we saw no less than 15 dogs & walkers (some had 2) on our walk!!
Normally we see about 2!! Where are they all coming from & where are they when it's freezing!!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2011, 06:03 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
We hit it where that big Tesco extra is ...
Is it true you can only walk 4 dogs at a time in southend ????
Yup!
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2011, 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by dizzi View Post
fed up with all the flack and being regarded as personally responsible for every turd within a 10 mile radius because I own a dog, I did loudly comment that did she want a poo bag to pick that up?

I was walking past a thick hedge in front of someone's house yesterday and Merlin stopped for a poo. I was ready with the bag immediately - practically held it under his tail! - but heard a voice from the other side of the hedge mutter:
"F***ing dog sh**ing on the pavement!"
So I said "Excuse me?" but heard nothing back. My sister reckoned I should have said I'll have a poo in his garden myself next time.

Bank Holidays - well I hope everyone goes away, I really do! Last Sunday they announced that due to council funding being withdrawn, there will be NO buses AT ALL running on Bank Holidays. So I am stuck here, can't even go to visit relatives in the next town. (And the last bus home from there has been cut to 8.30pm - used to be 11.30pm!).

I would think that by the time you add up Easter, Royal Wedding and may Day holidays that will amount to a whole week of me not physically being able to travel anywhere further than I can walk.
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2011, 07:04 AM
ah, school holidays are a heaven for us. We live round the back of a school. When school is open, I dare not leave the house between 8.30 and 9.30am, or 2.30 and 4pm ish, because the little cherubs (****s) cannot walk to school (cars everywhere) drop litter, and cannot move for mothers and buggies..so atm is lovely and quiet!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >