Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kelly1982
New Member!
Female 

18-12-2010, 10:42 PM

My 9 and a half year old boxer oscar

hi all im kelly im a mum of two girls kimberley is 10 and chloe is 11 in january i live with my partner of nearly 12 years robert sadly today my boxer dog had to be put to sleep he was 9 and a half years old he was very lively for his age people never believed me when i told them how old he was lolhe changed over the last couple of weeks we made this decision as i think it was best for him and i didnt want him to suffer two weeks ago my boxer started to have seizures he was perscribed diazepam for a seizure of 5 mins or more he went to the vets and he had a large growth on his leg which they took a biopsy when the vet looked at this she called me and said there was lots of different cells and i choose to have it sent off it lookes like he could have cancer and run blood test,last night he had several seizures over 12 hours and he didnt seem to recover he didnt settle and paceed round and round and seemed very hot this morning he kept having partial seizures which caused his head to flick and lots of foaming at the mouth he looked realy unhappy at 8am so i phoned the vet and took him there his blood test showed a slight problem with his liver and glucose he seemed to be in pain and didnt want to be touched he een snapped at another dog and hes never normally like this the vet said if he does have cancer then its unlikely he will recover due to his age the vet said hes the oldest boxer on there list !!!! normaly they only live till 7 or 8 we was given a choice to try medication but we weighed up all the odds his age,current state and we made the heart destroying decision to have him put to sleep i couldnt let him carry on as he was he was lost didnt no who he was who we were and he just seemed sad that is the worst decision we have ever had to make as a family we have cried all day but the vet was excellent he wasnt pushy we asked his honest opinion and he gave it we are still awaiting the biopsy results which should be in next week we are pretty sure he has cancer and it could of been he had a tumor in his brain we are so sad my kids wereatthe vets with us and they wasnt in why he was put to sleep my partner robertstayed with him we all spent some time with him after blesshim helooked so peaefull the best he had been in a few weeks we love him with all our heart and he will be ddeplymissed as lately he had become my shadow and was very loving giving me lots of cuddles and kisses so cute !! i hope this can help someone if you want to ask me any questions feel free if you ever need advice then all the vet no question is stupid not when your pets health is at risk i would like to say a big thankyou for taking the time to read this R.I.P my beautiful lively shadow love u with all my heart i will update again when i get the results of his biopsy
tokiayla
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2010, 11:10 PM
Oh...that is so sad
Sleep tight Oscar

(And welcome to Dogsey - sorry it is under such sad circumstances)
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2010, 09:42 AM
So sad...... run free Oscar.....
lisa01uk87
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2010, 12:23 PM
hugs to you and your family, R.I.P Oscar xxx
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-12-2010, 03:58 PM
Hello Kelly , sorry to hear about Oscar
A warm welcome to Dogsey,
the friendly site for doglovers everywhere.
We are delighted to have you with us.
If you need help with posting pictures,
or with anything on Dogsey, please Click Here

Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2010, 04:30 PM
Welcome to Dogsey Kelly.
So sorry to read your sad story.
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2010, 05:36 PM
Welcome to the forum Kelly and I am so sorry about your Boxer. xx
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-12-2010, 05:06 PM
Hi and welcome aboard

Sorry to hear of your loss x
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2010, 08:43 PM
How sad-never the "right" time to lose your dog but sad just before Christmas.
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2010, 08:45 PM
Welcome to Dogsey....

Sorry to hear about Oscar...
Run Free little boy..xx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >