View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2013, 08:49 PM
We had a black lab called Thomas when I was younger, named after Thomas the tank engine

Then we had Merlin whom my Dad named. He was a black lab who wore a red collar. Dad thought the name was original, about three weeks later Merlin the Magical puppy sprang up on TV and sure enough that was about a black lab with a red collar...

Binky my yellow lab was named after the pale horse of death in Terry Pratchett books. That was my mums doing!

Scooby, Bob and Malcolm all came with their names from rescue.

Bandit got named such because if you dropped anything he would make off with it. He wouldn't damage it, just nick it!
nantgwyn
Dogsey Junior
Male 

09-02-2014, 11:01 PM
We named our dog Vincent after Vincent Vega (John Trovolta) in pulp fiction . Since i was about 15 when i first watched it i decided i wanted to call my first dog Vincent after the character . If we ever get another dog he will be Jules after Jules Winnfield ( Samuel L Jackson ) from pulp fiction
PalomaTaco
New Member!
Female 

17-09-2014, 07:19 AM
Behr - my Shepherd/Lab resembled a bear cub when he was a puppy.

Koebris - she was a Doberwoman and this was a made-up name; we wanted the name to sound German and unique.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2014, 05:38 PM
Amber was Amber from the first moment I saw her, I have forgotten her Kennel Club name..........I think it was something Myrrh, I shall have to look it up again. It wasn't important to me to have a dog registered with the kennel club only to have a pure Labrador from a good stock. In fact the breeder I got her from had already decided she was an Amber and when I said that's what I thought I would call her they told me that was what they had already been calling her that so it was pure coincidence. I'd love her no matter what anyway!

Chloe was my beautiful Labrador I had before Amber and she lived to 13. she was beautiful as aren't they all, and Essex was a Labrador boy I inherited when he was three and I had my original Labrador Honey. Essex gave Honey an extra 3 years of life as at 12 she was on her way out and then I took Essex on when I lived in Sussex, apparently named after David Essex and I fell in love with him as did Honey and he gave her those extra three years of life. Then of course I brought Essex back home to my home county of Essex and I said he was Earl of Essex as he was in my world but he only survived to the age of 12 unfortunately. I loved and love them all as all so different. Amber is only 3 and a half so hopefully I shall have her a good few years yet. But Labradors have always been my favourites. Having said that I have with my late husband had a terrier called Bobby, a GSD, called Prince, his son called Sabre, born the same day as my daughter and another GSD called Shane. So all in all quite a menagerie............along with Sheep, ducks, goat, horse, rabbits, chickens and a monkey all of which were named.
lovemybull
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-09-2014, 11:24 PM
Both my dogs have their formal names and their nicknames...and I'm proud to be a crazy dog person Ophelia is Sophie. "Ophelia" is a song by The Band, a group I've loved since I was a teen. Callie is short for Caledonia. "Caledonia Mission" is another tune. We also named our ginger cat after Levon Helm.
constellation
New Member!
Male 

17-10-2014, 12:43 AM
Dagger. When I got him at 8 weeks I was told he was Australian Shepherd and Border Collie. I tried to come up with an Australian name and all could think if was Crocodile Dundee. I remember he used his dagger to get out of tough situations. Got a call 2 months later saying a mistake was made. He was actually border/saluki. He is long, narrow and pointed. Lol he looks like his name. He's just over 12 yrs now.
mustanggirl
New Member!
Female 

29-10-2014, 12:41 AM
Shelby. How she got her name was simple. I am a huge fan of mustangs. My dream car is a Shelby. I cannot dishout $800/mo payments on one. We got a 2014 GT instead. American eskimo is my dream dog breed. So it was only fitting that we name our dream dog after our dream car!

The funny thing is...ever since she was a puppy...she sits real nice in the mustang seats. She doesnt try scratching it up. She sits there like royalty, haha. Its so cute.
Jcarpentier
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-11-2014, 12:41 PM
My dog's name is Copper. Not a very interesting story as he is a copper color, hence the name. Fits him well though!
Timber-
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-12-2014, 11:25 PM
Timber was named Timber because his tail reminds us of a wolf. He also has a regal look to him like one.

Tynan is Gaelic for "dark", he's black so found it fitting.

Dallas came with the name and I couldn't find another that suited him so it stayed.

Hank came with the name also.
chlosmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-12-2014, 10:00 AM
I was going to call Georgina my Shar-Pei Pandora, but when I went to collect her from the breeder I found she already answered to her registered name which is Phanatic Hungary Georgina, a name she'd been given in honour of the new baby prince.

When I was trying to decide on a name for my Miniature Schnauzer I decided to stick to the royal theme but didn't like Harry, Charles or William, so adapted it slightly and called him Gwylim which is the Welsh version of William.
Page 44 of 46 « First < 34 41 42 43 44 45 46 >