View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Indie85
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-10-2010, 02:43 PM
Staffie is called Indie - cos when we went on holiday to Australia, we met a little girl called Indiana (Indie for short) and I thought it was a cool name. Though the kids in the park sing the theme tune to Indiana Jones and she loves it. lol.

Rottweiler is called Hades (Pronounced Haydeez)- God of the Underworld, or God of Death. Thought it was an awesome name And suits a big black dog
Shelley01
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-10-2010, 03:04 PM
Malaika is Swahili for Angel and as Basenji's are African i wanted an African name. As Basenjis can be difficult i also thought her name might influence her
Turns out she is a good girl .
jordanio0207
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-10-2010, 06:11 PM
Toby is named after my Nan's old dog when I was a kid, was going to call him Benny after my childhood dog but just couldn't do it I felt no-one could replace him.

Rio: My partner named her, he supports Man United so that says it all lool
Freyja
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-12-2010, 10:19 PM
Since I last posted about my dogs names we have had 2 new additions out 2 italian greyhounds.

Willow was given to us as a present after my show greyhound William died. We originally wanted a bitch but with only 2 pups in the litter a dog and a bitch and the bitch already booked we had the dog. A bitch was to be called Willow which was short for Willomena. We couldn't find a name related to William that we liked so stuck with Willow

His foster brother Buck came to live with us 3 weeks ago his breeders son named him when he was born and his registered name is Brother Buck and so it has stayed as Buck. My son does call him Starbucks though as he says he is coffee coloured.
Gracey
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-12-2010, 06:42 PM
My dogs names are Kiah who is my fawn and black BSD (pronounced Ky-a, NOT Kee-a) it didn't really come from anywhere, we spent AGES coming up with a name that wasn't too girly sounding and didn't sound anything like our other dog at the time!

Yahoo (pronounced yar-hoo) is our golden retriever, he was named before he came to live with us, my OH's dad named him as because his kennel name began with a Y, his pet name had to as well!? But embarrassingly enough it suits him, and no we don't have a google!

Davy is our rescue red and white border collie, he came with the name and kind of knew it already - plus because it quite suits him and we couldn't think of anything else.

Woofles
New Member!
Female 

06-12-2010, 09:54 PM
Lily - because the kids out voted me - I wanted Maisey
Daisy - because the kids out voted me - I wanted Doodles

That'll teach me to have 3 kids.
Measles
New Member!
Female 

20-12-2010, 07:11 PM
Mine all begin with M, including the cat!!! Dont ask me why, but I only realised this after I named the Border collie when she was a pup!

Measles, cos she is a dalmation with spots
Megan - it was a choice between Maddison and Megan and she was definately a Megan and it was nice to know that her grandmother was also called that
Mia Grace - now this one is a bit of a weird one as I had realised that everything in the house began with M, including myself, so I knew the GSD had to begin with an M, the other half wanted to call her Marlene from only fools and horses, only cos his Akita is Delboy and his lab was Rodney, but there was no way I was standing in the fields screaming Marlene in my true London accent ( people would have thought I was mad!) so I settled on Mia, and then a few days later, drove into work to pass an Eddie Stobart Lorry coming out the yard which was called Mia Grace, so I saw that as a sign and decided it was definaltely Mia Grace...... but then to add to it, a few weeks after her arriving, I was messing about trying to find something in my handbag, and noticed the metal keyfob tag with the designers/makers name on it, Yep it was called Mia!!!! Fate or what?
The cat is even an M as well!!! Monty!!!
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2010, 11:31 PM
When we adopted Dexter the Rescue were not sure of his name as he'd just been dumped in the pound.

My brother was obsessed with naming him after the American series 'Dexter' in which the lead character is a serial killer albeit one who only kills the 'baddies'...

I had several other names lined up as naming our new member of the family after a fictional psychopath seemed less than ideal - but when I looked at Dexter and saw how handsome and slightly aloof he was, I realised that actually the name did suit him!

He gets called 'Dex' and 'Dexie' for short almost all of the time anyway. Or 'Baby D' as my Mum calls him
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2010, 12:11 AM
Originally Posted by TabithaJ View Post
When we adopted Dexter the Rescue were not sure of his name as he'd just been dumped in the pound.

My brother was obsessed with naming him after the American series 'Dexter' in which the lead character is a serial killer albeit one who only kills the 'baddies'...

I had several other names lined up as naming our new member of the family after a fictional psychopath seemed less than ideal - but when I looked at Dexter and saw how handsome and slightly aloof he was, I realised that actually the name did suit him!

He gets called 'Dex' and 'Dexie' for short almost all of the time anyway. Or 'Baby D' as my Mum calls him
Haha, cool, my Dexter is named Dexter for the same reason. Only at the time, only the books were out, not the TV show.
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2010, 12:15 AM
LABRADORK

I think our dogs are part of a small but select group who are named after this fictional sociopath...

So far I've only met one other Dexter, so including yours, that is now three
Page 36 of 46 « First < 26 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 > Last »