View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
susannah92
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-12-2014, 10:40 PM
All but one of my dogs have been rescues and already had names which we kept: Roy, Chuck, Kim, Tilly and now Roxy
The one we named was a chubby puppy with black hair sticking out in all directions - a real ragamuffin - we called him muffin.
whippetjane
New Member!
Female 

28-01-2015, 05:39 PM
ive got 3 staffys,Bones he is called after my name Bone,Pepsi she got called that because its my favorite drink,an Zero whom my stepson called after the movie the night before christmas,even though the dog in it is white an our zero is brindle.
Strangechilde
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-01-2015, 12:53 PM
Does anyone else's dog collect nicknames? Our Akita does. Some he has gotten from behavioural quirks, some from incidents, some from who knows where-- so may I introduce you to Taji Totoro Fat Chocolate Bell Petunia Hairy Fruitball Deckchair Nightshade.
Izzythesprocker
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-02-2015, 09:45 AM
Isabel is named after my great Aunt, but we mostly call her Izzy or a nickname. I have about 100 nicknames for her... Sprockerpoo, naughty or Baby being very common names to call her. Her nickname depends on what she is doing....
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

08-04-2015, 08:41 AM
My newbie is called Charlie! He was named by his first owner (who sadly died aged 35).

I kept his name as he is a "right Charlie", bless him!!
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2015, 04:18 PM
Can't recall if I posted here already or not. I didn't name Jade, but she was such a bug eyed, ugly, dinky little puppy, my mom named her after a pretty stone as a joke. She turned out quite pretty, though. Brownie was named after Blackie, which was a dog I grew up with... named that was because she was a pure bred black Labrador. Brownie was a yellow mix. Nigredo (Nih-gray-doh) means "blackness" in Latin and he's a very black dude. I had a rottie named Shelly, because she was dumb as a rock and had a big head. So the big, empty head reminded you of a huge ocean seashell, so Shelly.
Beta Man
New Member!
Male 

09-04-2015, 03:58 PM
My 7 year old named the puppy David Bowie.
Popster
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-04-2015, 11:42 PM
Beta Man, I guess you could compromise and call him Bowser! My dog Poppy - she is either Poppy or Pops. My Dad called her Popsey when he left my house the other day. Sometimes I've called her Popster when she's made me laugh and I'm chatting to her (yes I'm daft) so I chose Popster as my user name.
Bailey-jake
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-04-2015, 10:07 PM
Originally Posted by Strangechilde View Post
Does anyone else's dog collect nicknames?
My daughter calls Bailey 'chubs' as sometimes he gets a little overweight. She's also nicknamed our new to be puppy 'springy' because he's a springer spaniel .

I'm loving this thread.
Beta Man
New Member!
Male 

18-04-2015, 01:39 AM
Originally Posted by Popster View Post
Beta Man, I guess you could compromise and call him Bowser! My dog Poppy - she is either Poppy or Pops. My Dad called her Popsey when he left my house the other day. Sometimes I've called her Popster when she's made me laugh and I'm chatting to her (yes I'm daft) so I chose Popster as my user name.

I will probably call him Ziggy at times. My daughter told me today that she plans on calling him "Dave" for short
Page 45 of 46 « First < 35 42 43 44 45 46 >