Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-12-2009, 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by Lorna View Post
Leona and Alexandra were both successful, and Will Young, not all of them are going to go all the way to superstar status, but i it wasn't for someone's excellent (sense the sarcasm) idea to promote the idea of RATM for number 1 - they never would have been - perhaps next week, but not this!

I'd be very upset for them when they were the first x factor winner not to get an xmas number one. Money doesn't come into it - I'm more worried about that kid's feelings.
i carefully excluded leona and will in my post.
early days yet to rule out alexandra not being a flash in the pan.

you are absolutely right though, Killing In The Name was a most excellent choice for the alternative xmas number 1!

besides, you keep saying he missed being number 1??
how do you know he will?

i thought you were worried about his granny

somehow, i dont think he will be calling Samaritans anytime soon
m
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2009, 10:15 PM
well im happy coz i know my beloved uncle that died this year would be chuffed!! he loved that song

as far as Joe goes...just coz he won x factor(isnt that enough?) doesnt mean he automaticly gets to no1 for xmas.. pity pity.

altogether now........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6M_IYPUWd8
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-12-2009, 10:18 PM
tis true tupac.

we can only write to santa, but it doesnt mean we always get what we ask for

maybe the old white beardie prefers funk metal!
Jackpot
New Member!
Female 

20-12-2009, 11:46 PM
Exactly, the Christmas No 1 does not belong to Simon Cowell to be given away as a prize in his "feed them to the lions" style show.
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

21-12-2009, 08:29 AM
Yeah, bit late to be worrying about the poor little lost lad's feelings when he's been through the selection process he has. I'm guessing he's pretty tough. Besides, it's not about him. If he is really talented then he'll have a career ahead of him. He just chose an appalling way to kickstart it IMHO. I hope he, among many others have learned that intensive marketing is not necessarily the way to go.
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2009, 11:52 AM
Each to their own - I hate RATM anyway so I'll never agree but yes I do feel for the poor boy as the xmas number 1 has been the x factor's since it started. I'd much prefer it to be something that my kids could listen to than the RATM rubbish...
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2009, 11:57 AM
the xmas number 1 has been the x factor's since it started.
But it shouldn't be! There should be no guarantee of a No 1 for them.... most artists have to work so hard for a top-10 song, and don't have the backing of Cowell behind them.

I think, in Joe's case, the song choice was very wrong (Miley Cyrus? Come on!!) and people have had enough of mass-produced rubbish.

At least the RATM song has a message/theme and lyrics that mean/meant something. A backlash against white supremacy and racism really.

If Joe really has the 'X-factor' he will come right back with a decent song and be fine. If not, then he will fade into musical obscurity like past winners (Steve Brookstein, anyone?)
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2009, 12:19 PM
Originally Posted by IsoChick View Post
But it shouldn't be! There should be no guarantee of a No 1 for them.... most artists have to work so hard for a top-10 song, and don't have the backing of Cowell behind them.

I think, in Joe's case, the song choice was very wrong (Miley Cyrus? Come on!!) and people have had enough of mass-produced rubbish.

At least the RATM song has a message/theme and lyrics that mean/meant something. A backlash against white supremacy and racism really.

If Joe really has the 'X-factor' he will come right back with a decent song and be fine. If not, then he will fade into musical obscurity like past winners (Steve Brookstein, anyone?)

Maybe, but it wouldn't have happened if there hadn't been a book of face group started suggesting it!

Think I'll have to be the one to stand alone here and say that Joe didn't deserve such a disappointment - bit of a come down. And he sang it much better than Miley Cyrus!

I also don't think that Christmas number one should contain so many profanities - its a family time not one for mass political messages.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-12-2009, 12:40 PM
I'd much prefer it to be something that my kids could listen to than the RATM rubbish...
how do you know the kids wont/dont like RATM or suchlike music???
i think its a tad stereotyping or simon cowell marketing to think they should only be into bland saccharine boy pop??.

I also don't think that Christmas number one should contain so many profanities - its a family time not one for mass political messages.
the original christmas story was political!
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-12-2009, 12:42 PM
you keep saying their wouldnt have been an aternative xmas number without the book of face.

but their wouldnt have been an x factor number 1 without a long running tv show

what's the difference?
Page 28 of 29 « First < 18 25 26 27 28 29 >