View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2005, 11:37 AM
Its my babys name, but i used it on the other site spelt like this cos there was someone else their called candy(which is how i spell her name), so when i came on here i kept it!!v boring i know
WiggilyStump
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-02-2005, 11:49 AM
:smt043 Because I have a boxer dog and anyone with a boxer will know what there tails look like when there excited or happy or even when there asleep. They just look like WiggilyStumps, abit like that dog at the top of this page :smt038
fennash
Dogsey Junior

15-02-2005, 12:26 PM
Mines two of my dogs names put together Fenn and Ash, couldn't think of a way to include Soda in it too, but I don't think he minds too much
TamT
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-02-2005, 12:41 PM
Mine is boring tooo!!!!

Tam cos my name is Tamarin (Tam 4 short) and T cos my newly acquired surname starts with a T! Woohooo exciting huh.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-02-2005, 01:00 PM
Originally Posted by TamT
Mine is boring tooo!!!!

Tam cos my name is Tamarin (Tam 4 short) and T cos my newly acquired surname starts with a T! Woohooo exciting huh.
Tam what a lovely and unusual name..is the emphasis on the second or third syllable?

so.....Tam ar in or Tam ar in
TamT
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-02-2005, 01:10 PM
I was named after a monkey ... well not really, but it is the same name as the Cotton tailed Tamarin monkey or the cotton topped tamarin monkey. My mom only found out after. Also maybe u have heard of the Tamarind seed. I suspect it is pronounced the same except without the d.
The emphasis is probably more on the
Tam part.
So Tam - a - rin. My mother made up (or thought she did) both my sisters and my names. My sisters name is Lauriel. Pronounced like the hair products - Loreal, but not like Lore - e - al, rather like saying Laurel, but the sound of the i before the el. Strange hey!

*Did that make any sense whatsoever*
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-02-2005, 01:22 PM
Originally Posted by TamT
I was named after a monkey ... well not really, but it is the same name as the Cotton tailed Tamarin monkey or the cotton topped tamarin monkey. My mom only found out after. Also maybe u have heard of the Tamarind seed. I suspect it is pronounced the same except without the d.
The emphasis is probably more on the
Tam part.
So Tam - a - rin. My mother made up (or thought she did) both my sisters and my names. My sisters name is Lauriel. Pronounced like the hair products - Loreal, but not like Lore - e - al, rather like saying Laurel, but the sound of the i before the el. Strange hey!

*Did that make any sense whatsoever*
yep that makes sense I use tamarind paste in cooking and I know of the monkeys so I will pronounce the name as the Tamarind with out the D ..not like the name Tam 'r' 'a'
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2005, 04:48 PM
Originally Posted by Roxy
Well I chose mine because the 'Police' made me famous singing about me in the 80s and I had to go into hiding on the police protection scheme, and so I changed my name to Roxy so no one would know that I was that same lady of the night.
Uhm okay.................. Who let Roxy out???? She needs to go back in, she still has hallucinations!!!!!!!! (or wot's its called )
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-02-2005, 06:01 PM
Originally Posted by olive
A bit of culture won't do us any harm :smt101
Oh well, then.......

Username is that of dog junior, who is named in his turn after an Icelandic chieftain of 1000 years ago (I go for Norse names). He was the first Saga hero to win his battles by using his brains instead of his battleaxe (he wasn't too bad with it, either, though).

He appears in several Sagas, notably Eyrbyggja Saga and Laxdaela Saga - a sort of cross between a local magistrate and a Mafia godfather, a fixer! He killed his first man at the age of 12; Snorri means "Naughty Boy".

Snorri
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2005, 07:56 PM
Lel is what my sis calls me
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >