Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2014, 04:01 PM
Sounds like a lovely day Lynn.

Jenny I did laugh to read your 'balcony grass' was getting very long lol!

Bella got a visit to the Salt Lake today as I had to pass it coming back from dropping Andy at the airport this morning.

Called my 'old' neighbours from there to wish them a safe flight as they too are flying back today and they said 'we aren't going until 8pm come back and see us!' so I did.

Then braved the now almost bare and inhospitable looking 'old flat' to collect some glasses and have another general lookaround.

I really cannot be bovvered to advertise the daybed and sleigh bed etc. then have to go there to show them to people and have them wittering on about how to dismantle and transport them.

So I've been into the Thrift Shop and they are going to call me and arrange to collect them and sell them via their furniture shop. Much easier even if I get peanuts for them. I am childishly refusing to leave anything for previous landlord as he left NOTHING for me!

Once those large items are out of the way I am arranging with the cleaners here at Pyla to come over and clean it for me. (Have also found her another job with Roger cleaning his palatial pad two mornings a week for fifty smackers.) She has a car unlike most and lives halfway twixt old place and Pyla so perfect for her.

Less and less interested in hanging onto anything for myself. So it's neighbours 'help yourselves', shift into empty rental or take to Charity shop for the rest.

Still paid up rent on old flat until end of this month so no great hurry. Have told the old landlord to 'ease off' with the bluddy viewings for it. Cheek of him when I had almost a month to do paid up. Especially as when I told him it was in a right old state with me moving out he suggested I could just 'tidy it up a bit' for the viewers?

Yeah that'll be right George IN YOUR DREAMS - I don't clean for myself most of the time so I definitely ain't cleaning for your viewers, not when I will be PAYING to have it cleaned when I've finished moving my stuff! Just imagine - cleaning it yourself prior to paying to have it cleaned?

I was born during the night time but it wasn't LAST NIGHT!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2014, 04:04 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Its really nice to meet up and next time it will Elaine's turn to visit here and meet Dillon. I don't think he will be as well behaved as Elaine's gang.
I like NORTY dogs! Shame I'm so far away! I'm beginning to think I should arrange a 'secret UK break' and just try to meet up with Dogsey pals! Fly in under the radar so to speak!

Used to do that from Cornwall sometimes. Sounds awful probably but I have a very large family and some of them (perversely) never bothered with me when I was round the corner (nor me with them) but got MIFFED if they weren't invited down to Cornwall or I didn't make the effort to pop in to them when I was up from Cornwall!

So I would occasionally get in the car and head back down to Berks and just see my mates and hope I wasn't spotted by any rellies who were feeling 'hard done by or neglected' and tell my pals 'not to say a word' about my flying visit lol!

Yeah I know - the rumours are all true I AM AWFUL
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2014, 04:55 PM
June that's a shame about the 'training ground'. Thank goodness where my son and I took our two it was a fully enclosed field as on more than a few occasions both of mine left the group to chase each other. The worse time was letting them off lead in a field and getting them to heel as we walked over a motorway bridge. All went well until one of mine saw a sheep in a field and high tailed after it. Thank goodness his brother rugby tackled him to the ground before he reached it. Then another time the instructor said as it was so hot she'd set up a paddling pool back by the club house for the dogs to cool down in. My two shot in there and promptly turned the water dark green as Flash had previously stopped to roll in a fresh cow pat They did eventually calm down during sessions and we worked out it was far better to take them to classes separately
Daisy Fingers crossed that Tilly's lump sorts its out. I hope you enjoy your walk and work goes OK.
Lynne Thanks for asking after my lovely Mum. I gave up totally with our local park and now find other places to walk the dogs. I can't believe Taffy is overweight .... she gets so much exercise Maybe she's a secret eater
Moyra How are you getting on? I hope you are in less pain now. You've had such a horrible time recently. ((hugs)).
Lynn I didn't doubt that you wouldn't have a lovely time with Elaine. How lovely that her gang were so well behaved ... no pressure there then when she comes to you ..... only kidding
Tang Wouldn't that be lovely to have a Dogsey members meet .... I wonder if we'd be able to put names to faces It must be quiet now Andy has gone but then I know you like your solitude at times.

We've had the most gloriously sunny day here but its just starting to get chilly.

Has anyone heard from Lore recently ... I haven't noticed her but may have missed her posts. What about Lucky Star and Nippy too? I hope they are all OK.
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2014, 04:57 PM
We had a lurvly day out today, nice coffee, really nice cake and even went round a carboot....all the best places you know...

Was really proud of my lot, but dont forget Lynn, I had a big stick.... They say thank you very much for their presents....looking forward to meeting Dillon.

Didn't see if Lynn put a white glove on to check for dust

Might not get on later, cos I'm still catching up with me telly, so have a nice evening and will nip in in the morning....
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2014, 05:28 PM
Nah Jenny it's more NOISY now he's gone! Telly's up loud, washing machine competing with it. Me hollering to Bella! He's much more quiet and sedate and posh and richer than I am! I can lower the tone of any room he is in in five minutes flat lol! Reckon I talk to my dog more ha!

He's a lovely bloke really. Just I prefer to view from the distance of the 2.5K miles twixt Cyprus and UK. Which is my preferred 'distance' for ALL blokes really!

I honestly don't care if most Cypriot blokes are convinced I am a lesbian or still married but have a husband who isn't 'seen much'. As long as they don't think I'm 'available'. Cos I AM NOT! Done that thrice, seen the movies, read the books and got a wardrobe of T-shirts lol!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2014, 05:29 PM
Yeah I'm fully charged!! Ended up in Argos,couldn't get a charger anywhere but got it in the end Have had a fab day Thankyou all for the birthday wishes
Lily and Billy have taken up residence on the patio,they look so cute there Had family here today,so have already had a few glasses of Vino
Will have a catch up now,see what you lot have been at....did notice Rosie was ok,so that's good
Will be back in a bit with CAKE
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2014, 05:34 PM
Knew you'd enjoy your day anyway Lacey. I've had a few glasses of whiskey. Not so many I can't type.

Someone needs to MAKE ME do some paid work now I've no excuse not to. It's very hard getting back in the saddle and knuckling down to it when you've just neglected it for other stuff for a few weeks.

Not as if I don't have any to do. I make the mistake of telling the boss I would be 'offline' for a week (bit of a fib but..) that usually sends him into a panic and it bluddy did. He is dreaming UP stuff for me to do worrying that I might never resurface.

Not resurfacing is sounding like a LOVELY IDEA right now.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-04-2014, 05:47 PM
Dillon on his way Pat seeing's as you like naughty dogs.
Moyra hope the mouth is less sore.
I had noticed Lorraine has been absent, wasn't she away for the weekend at least ? Or maybe she isn't well she has been under the weather recently.
Nippy Jen hasn't been well either so maybe she still can't keep up with all the shenanigans on the daily yet.
Eileen so glad you have had a nice birthday.

Left my white gloves at home Elaine. Came to meet your gang and have a nice day out with you which we did.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-04-2014, 06:16 PM
Evening everyone - It seems that the day is fast gaining pace with citizens consuming vino and hard liquor before the sun has even got over the yard-arm. Tisk! Tisk! What will Matron say? Lacey- hope you're having a good one - I have of course already sent you my very best wishes, but am requested to send the kindest of regards and wishes from The Mem. Been very busy with all manner of things today, along with usual tasks of livestock keeping I fitted in a long trek with the grimly dingoes in tow. We went from Dovestones across the Moor to Stalybridge , where the Mem met us and after light shopping gave us all a lift home. Now TW the thing is this, have you sent 2 of your dogs over to the Mottram Rd area of Stalybridge. I was in the wooded valley behind Bower Fold and the dogs were busy down by the stream in the valley bottom, when out of the woods on the other side came two Utonagans. I was on the top of the hill opposite so got no closer than 50 yard, they came bowling out of the woods and although they seemed shy at first were soon playing in the stream with 2 of mine, my big fella (Fagin) Just stood on a grassy knoll (No shades of JFK fortunately) and watched the goings on. Whoever owned them was out of sight to me and was bawling their head off trying to get their dogs to come back, but they were having far too good a time playing. Inever got to see the owner (trees in way etc.) but it was a female voice. Eventually I whistled my lot up and set off in the other direction hoping to help in that way. It worked and they shot off back into the woods. So there you have it they were two beauties Sable with silver blue face markings (one very Wolfie the other to be honest was a dead ringer for a Coyote) even at a distance I got tyhe impression they might have been Mother and Daughter. Don't know why, but sometimes you just have a feeling. As it is the only time I have seen any in this area I thought I would seek your counsel, as I'm a nosey old sod and like to know everybody's business (especially if it's dog related)! Bye fer now
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2014, 06:20 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Dillon on his way Pat seeing's as you like naughty dogs.
Moyra hope the mouth is less sore.
I had noticed Lorraine has been absent, wasn't she away for the weekend at least ? Or maybe she isn't well she has been under the weather recently.
Nippy Jen hasn't been well either so maybe she still can't keep up with all the shenanigans on the daily yet.
Eileen so glad you have had a nice birthday.

Left my white gloves at home Elaine. Came to meet your gang and have a nice day out with you which we did.
Having read all the stuff about how he loves to 'smother' you - I'd just never get OUT OF BED! Sounds good to me!
Page 5 of 14 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »