Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2014, 10:14 AM
Morning all...

All the good vibes we can muster here from me and my lot, you go Mark....

A trustworthy vet is worth their weight in gold. Thank goodness Zena was a good girl and hope the meds soon kick in for her. I am in the process of changing my vet. The ones I have used for over thirty years are getting a bit too impersonal and clinical.....my vet emigrated to Australia and I haven't been too impressed with the service of late.....but I am now going to a real James Herriot Type now, they are so nice and friendly.

Eileen, you boiling your cabbages twice there Gordon, you do make me laugh, so good for a windy, chilly morning, TW both you and me on a doggie type mission, me with bones and tripe and you for bones, I am sure there must be a thriller type story there somewhere.... Hi to everyone else.

Just seen the flippin time, I have to pick someone up at the garage at 11:30 so will have to cut and run......will nip in later....
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2014, 10:17 AM
LOL Eileen, glad I gave you a good laugh, maybe that's why the vet is always laughing at me, he probably thinks I'm a total fruitloop too ...... along with Zena I never liked James Blunt, until I saw him on the wotsisname show one night,he's such a down to earth guy who can take the mick out of himself I can now take his music better too. Enjoy your Karchering day, makes a change from spinning and wobbling I s'pose, but maybe you do the vibrating at the same time knowing you

June, no fish again, but he was adamant he emptied 2 boxes of it in the freezer last week, but he says somebody else must be coming in and pinching it before I get there, so we've got rabbit. I do buy the packs of frozen fish in Mr S, but Zena doesn't seem to like that, whereas the frozen Prize Choice fish she gobbles it up, maybe it smells a bit stronger. She nose dived into the bag when I brought the rabbit home, wouldn't leave it alone, and then planted her front paws on the worktop which she would never normally do. She greeted me with great enthusiasm when I got home just now and I'd only been out 20 mins, so I'm sure those Zitac's have done the job needed. Yes, I remember Bev putting up a link about getting something in Tesco's, so I'll try getting some Zantac if they're the same thing as he's given me here with the Zitac? I can't stand to see her so uncomfortable like that, must be awful, and I can always reach for the Gaviscon but she can't, she has to suffer.

I'm going to take her on a little jaunt up to the woods for a sniff about, she likes this 2nd walk where she sniffs every blade of grass en-route.

Catch yer all later then
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-04-2014, 11:25 AM
Helena - Zitac containes cimetidine and Zantac contains ranitidine. Zitac is a veterinary drug, usually prescription only, whereas Zantac is a human one.

Details of Zitec are here:

http://www.noahcompendium.co.uk/MSD_...gs/-56437.html

The following is about ranitidine.

Glaxo refined the model further by replacing the imidazole ring of cimetidine with a furan ring with a nitrogen-containing substituent, and in doing so developed ranitidine. Ranitidine was found to have a far-improved tolerability profile (i.e. fewer adverse drug reactions ), longer-lasting action, and 10 times the activity of cimetidine.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ranitidine

HTH
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2014, 11:59 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning Mandy and Eileen.

Can I have lots of positive dogsey vibes today please. My eldest Mark has a phone interview today for ToysRus (Deputy Manager). If he gets through that he will then get a face to face interview.
The self employed painting and decorating business has dried up and due to his ankle and knee problem being up and down ladders aggravates it and he would prefer to finish with that now and go back into retail.
He is so fed up keep applying for jobs getting an interview and not the job or not even getting an interview he cannot believe the amount of people after one job.
If given a chance he really is an asset never been afraid of hard work and honest too.
He really deserves and needs the chance.
He said I couldn't write him a reference. Anyway your good luck and positive vibes would be much appreciated.
I know it's a bit later but positive vibes sent for your son everything firmly crossed
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2014, 12:06 PM
Good luck to your lad Lynn. Jen's nearest and dearest is a carpenter whose had big problems with his knees (had the ops done on them twice now) and we are all fingers crossed here that he is OK for working at the job he loves. Sadly it usually involves a lot of 'squatting' and that's been giving him probs.

Laughing at you writing him a reference but know how you feel! 'MY MUM THINKS I'M GREAT SO THERE!'
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2014, 12:08 PM
Hello all
Been on a lovely sunny walk with Rosie, was quite chilly early on when I went to visit my friend but seems to have warmed up now. She's sunbathing now but still watching me just in case I do anything without her

Right kettle going on then best do a bit of tiding, I want to catchup with Shetland before work, I recorded it last week.
See ya all later x
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

08-04-2014, 01:17 PM
Thank crunchie for service contracts! My thermostat on my refrigerator has packed up - at least I think it is just the thermostat - and I noticed it only an hour ago. Telephoned the service department and told them and a techie will be here tomorrow between 8-10am. PHEW! No charge for parts or labour, just a £20 call-out charge.

Had I not kept up the yearly contract I would have had to wait my turn for service, plus pay in full for parts and labour as well as the call-out charge.

Luckily the freezer section is still running perfectly as normal [separate controls] although I do have free space in my other freezers if necessary, but for my refrigerator to pack up just a few days before Passover and not be fixed before then would cause major problems, especially in this heat.

Can I please have some vibes for it to be just be the thermostat?

Thanks!
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2014, 01:51 PM
Lynn BIG vibes from here (albeit a bit late) for Mark x

Ohhh Helena these doglets do put us through it don't they, *fingers crossed* Zena is ok and doesn't get a big flare up...

Gordon Thanks for asking re. Tilly, I did put a little thread up in the Chat section, but to summarise she is ok, vet didn't seem unduly worried, he said to leave it a week and see what it does, got some AB cream to put on it and to watch it!

I am so glad he didn't whip her leg off as I am walking with my mate today

HI to everyone else had a read through and can't remember everything off to work in a mo, another busy day ahead of me I am sure judging by all the pinging my phone has been doing already this morning.. normally means a big influx of emails

Here's hoping the sun shines today, yesterday was GLORIOUS and so warm!! it was like summer!! time to take the cardboard down from inside the chicken coup and get some windows open for them... they looked a bit hot I there last night love love love that we are turning the corner into Spring/Summer!!

Happy Tuesday everyone xxxx
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2014, 01:52 PM
Healing vibes for the Thermostat Malka
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

08-04-2014, 02:10 PM
Originally Posted by DaisyD0g View Post
Healing vibes for the Thermostat Malka
Thanks Debbie - I am fairly sure it is the thermostat as the refrigerator is working albeit I have had to set it as as far as it will go on the "Cooler" settomg [#5] and it is only reaching 6.3°C whereas usually I have it set on almost the warmest setting [#1] and it is about -6.3°C which tends to almost freeze fruit or vegetables at the back of it. Normally anything higher than #1-2 and it will freeze everything!
Page 3 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »