View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2014, 08:10 AM
Awww,thank you GORDON&MEM,that's so sweet Have to agree,love that one myself,its beautiful on Will be taking it on the Wedding weekend,so imagine it will be worn at some point,always good to have a spare in case of wine spillage
That just made my day now,thankyou xxxx
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

08-04-2014, 08:22 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Anyway your good luck and positive vibes would be much appreciated.
Sending all the good luck and positive vibes I can muster, hope he gets it.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-04-2014, 08:25 AM
Morning Malka, Gordon and Harvey thank you for all the positive vibes.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2014, 08:55 AM
Morning again everyone and thanks for all the positive vibes for Zena today

Well, there I was up along the top and decided to give the vet a ring on the mobile at 8.30 to book us in, but she said the only apt they had for the entire day with my particular vet was if I could get there by 9 am A race back to the car park, then a hair raising 5 mile journey, most corners taken on 2 wheels, and we got there at 2 mins to 9!!! Just time to whip the ball out of her gob and slap on the muzzle before getting called in. Unfortunately, me being as daft as I am, I grabbed the wrong soft nose muzzle from the glovebox it was her puppy one but it fitted, even though she couldn't breathe and the little bit of tongue was sticking out the end lol!

My vet is fantastic!!! So was Zena, she never flinched and by golly did he give her a thorough, even donned the latex gloves and went in where no vet dares to go normally, but he said everything, just everything was fine. He said her stomach was totally relaxed, she wasn't bothered by any of his manipulations, although she did scream a bit when he shoved the thermometer up her backside, but that broke the ice I s'pose for when he went in with his fingers lol!

He gave her a cortisone jab to calm things down (don't like her having those but he's the vet and must be trusted), then told me he's not going to put her on the other ab's, I am to double up on the current Metronidazole and give her 2 a day instead of the one for 5 days and take her back on Friday. She's also got the antacids and they're different, they're not those tiny little white ones, they're quite big and it's 2 a day of these (Zitac). I asked him whether I could keep a spare packet of these for the future, but he said not, because he wants to TRY the doubling up of the metro's initially when I get the next flare up. THEN, he said he has a Plan B, which is a human drug for relaxing stomach muscles due to colic. He said he wants to try those IF the metronidazole double dose doesn't work. Such a lovely, lovely vet and we must have been in there 20 mins cos there was a big queue outside when we came back out I can't believe how well she seemed to him today, but he trusts me enough to know I recognise the symptoms enough to take action.

Phew! what a morning so far then, and now I'm off to P@H to see if they've got any minced fish and if not, I'll get her the rabbit and try and settle that tummy down over the next 5 days without any kibble. She doesn't do too well on chicken, and definitely not rice, so it'll be mash and veggies with the rabbit. Do I spoil my dog??? You bet I do!

Bev, so pleased to hear you had such a fab day and evening yesterday on your special day.

Lynn, all the best for Mark, got everything crossed that he will at the very least get an interview and then he'll definitely be getting the job, I'm absolutely sure of it.

Gordon, so glad you and the Mem came to such a good decision, it got my vote too, you can't beat a bit of class can ya

Eileen, case closed I think then!

Well off on my missions now then.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-04-2014, 08:58 AM
Glad the vet has seen Zena and that all seems well. Those tablets will do the trick I'm sure. Big fusses for her for being such a good girl.
Thanks for the good luck vibes for Mark.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2014, 09:00 AM
Thanks Lynn, she's pretty unbelievable with this particular vet, but I think they must have some kind of understanding between them lol! She's smart enough to know he won't stand for any nonsense, and he always has a big smile on his face and is laughing, so maybe she likes his soh huh?!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2014, 09:53 AM
OMG,I know I shouldn't but the Vet visit Shenanigans had me in stitches!! Its just the way you describe things H,you total loon So great to hear ZENA is ok and she had a thorough exam and all...Breathing is kinda important HELENA,so maybe bigger muzzle next time yeah? Oh I'll laugh all day about that now
Decision has Definiately been made,yes,thank you guys for your help
I have my window vac all ready to shine and sparkle....again!! Do it better to music,so I'll just go pop some on,little James Blunt methinks
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2014, 09:58 AM
OMG,I know I shouldn't but the Vet visit Shenanigans had me in stitches!! Its just the way you describe things H,you total loon So great to hear ZENA is ok and she had a thorough exam and all...Breathing is kinda important HELENA,so maybe bigger muzzle next time yeah? Oh I'll laugh all day about that now
Decision has Definiately been made,yes,thank you guys for your help
I have my window vac all ready to shine and sparkle....again!! Do it better to music,so I'll just go pop some on,little James Blunt methinks
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2014, 09:58 AM
Oops,posted that twice....sorry
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-04-2014, 10:02 AM
Thank goodness Tilly is OK and we can all breathe again, apart from poor Zena of course!!! Helena, if there's no fish in the freezers at P@H then get a packet of frozen fish from the supermarket, mine have that anyway, I get 1kg of frozen pollock for £4 and divide it between them, with veg and how about some bio yogurt for Zena as well, good for tummies. Can't you buy own brand Zantac a lot cheaper if you don't tell the pharmacist, there's been a thread about that somewhere.
All the positive thoughts I possess are winging their way to Mark, Lynn, and hope he gets a face to face interview, and then the job, because if anyone deserves it, he does.
Silly Malka forgetting to charge up last night, but something has to make us do housework, (well me anyway) and its usually lack of other things to do. I had a massive clean of the kitchen and utility after my drenching yesterday, lovely putting dry clothes on Mandy isn't it It was raining so nowhere else to go!!
Hope you and Pereg get a lovely outing this afternoon.
Bone run today, just getting myself organised. Heavy rain a few minutes ago, seems to have stopped now, thank goodness for that.
Page 2 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »