View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-04-2014, 08:04 AM
Morning Pat. What a lovely photo of your two boys together.
I cherish mine of Mark and Michael together they don't see a great deal of each other now but after a terrible start when young and all the fighting they get along famously now have done since late teens. Its a lovely thing for a mum to have siblings that get along.
Enjoy the carvery.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2014, 08:05 AM
Sorry Jenny we worth posting at the same time. Yes I am finally feeling much better. Cornflakes and Jordons nut feast on top is not ideal for tender gums but I do love the little bit of sweetness the Jordans adds to my cornflakes breakfast. Hope you manage to get out with the boys and perhaps with your son's girlfriend for company. Have a good day. God bless.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2014, 08:10 AM
Mine were the opposite Lynn. Almost inseparable until late teens. Didn't do anything without one another, had same mates, same hobbies etc. Then one went off to Uni and after that it was a bit of a war zone whenever they inhabited same space for quite a long time. Been much better since both wedded and Mart of course ADORES little Holly. And she is lucky to have such a lovely 'uncle'.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2014, 08:24 AM
Thanks Lynn, yes feeling much better.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2014, 08:25 AM

Morning all, what a horrible morning, wet and windy.
I'll be back later.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2014, 08:47 AM
It has almost stopped raining here now ... just drizzle

Lynn you mentioning that you'd seen that video has just jogged my memory as to where I saw it
Tang What a lovely happy photo or your two gorgeous sons ..... definitely one to frame Enjoy your carvery with your pal.
Moyra Thanks for the update and hopefully the worse is over now
Bev I hope your visit goes well today. My sons birthday's are very close together. April is a very expensive month in this household .... OH and two sons You'll have to ask Mandy her secret as to how she became a year younger last week on her birthday .... it sounds like a perfect idea
Nippy Good morning

I think I'm going to go and bang a few doors or something noisy as my son did say he wanted to walk the dogs early. At least if he doesn't want to I can head off soon before all the Sunday walkers are out

See you all later.
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2014, 09:01 AM
Morning all.
Keep the rain down there you southerners please. it's not bad here but rain is forecast for later.
You should definately get another van HELENA. Especially if Dave manages to sell his business then he can help you or you could pay someone ( with your standards) to clean them for you
Gorgeous photo of your two boys PAT. I'd love a proper one of my two girls but seeing as they live at opposite ends of the country (well nearly)it's been ages since they've seen each other
Hope your son gets himself out of bed in time to take the boys out JENNY. Knowing lads & Sunday mornings I wouldn't hold my breath though.
My legs are feeling ok this morning. Feet are still a bit sore though so I'm sat here with them in a bowl of water.
I was telling two fellas on the park this morning about my adventures with the car park yesterday. Hysterical outbursts..
Not much on the agenda today - just doing the housework that didn't get done yesterday & then a normal walk - if it's not raining by then
I saw that video as well JENNY. I'd never have been able to get Taff clean after that.
Hope all other poorly peeps feel better soon
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-04-2014, 09:48 AM
Morning Nippy Jen hope the weather brightens up.
Morning Lynne poor feet.
Jenny hope the door banging has worked.

Still not raining but very dull. Had a walk with Dillon and on the way back near to home this lady stopped us to introduce herself she and her OH live across the road. She has seen us around but didn't realise till the other day when she saw us coming in the house we lived across the road to them.
Before we went out we were watching the great tits one on the new arch the other one gathering Dillon's fur for a nest they seem to prefer it wet it seems. One came back on its own with a blue tit in tow.
I have a question.. Dillon lays on the patio and the black birds and other birds can hop around a few feet away from him and he lays there calmly watching them but if it was a rat or mouse he would be up giving chase to see it off or worse. Anyone any ideas why ? Ollie was the same.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2014, 10:32 AM
Morning again everyone

Lynne, I'm going to have to catch up and see exactly what happened to you yesterday, sore feet, car parks, I can't fathom it out, so I'm going to have a catchup, but hope you're ok now with your feet in a bowl of warm water, that's always good for aching, tired feet.

Pat, Lovely pic there of your handsome boys I wish I could get on with my brother, and although I've tried very hard over the years, we just seem to clash, another one I had to walk around on eggshells. I did get on with him before we got mum over to the UK from Mallorca, but then he went and ruined it all by being so nasty to mum I had to cut the ties. You'd love my roast beef, I buy proper rump steak in a lump and that way, it's always tender. I'll lay an extra place for ya then Enjoy yours if you get to have it.

Bev, have a lovely tea with your mum and sister and Happy Birthday for tomorrow in case I forget, cos I'm like that

Moyra, hope some of the pain is now subsiding for you.

LOL Jenny, yes start banging a few doors!!! My mum used to do that when we stayed with her in her villa, even though we'd only got home at 5 am, she wanted us UP! Hope you get to go somewhere different with your son and his girlfriend and enjoy a lovely roast dinner with them all.

Lynn, Zena's like that. I'm quite amazed at how brave the blackbirds are when they hop around her lying on the lawn and she takes no notice of them whatsoever, and yet a rat, well, she'd have it! Even when the wren flew into the conservatory, she just walked around it, never went near it. We have a visiting frog which is always sitting on the pathway somewhere in the dark when I take her up the top, and again, she totally ignores it, never even sniffs it, but she makes sure she doesn't tread on him she goes around him

Jen, same here, dull and dreary. Hope you're ok now though.

Had a horrible walk up along the top. By the time we got up there, the mist was so thick you could hardly see in front of your face, so not a good place to be walking near the edge today. I couldn't go far, cos I had chest pains. I get them often but they always go away after a minute or so, or if I stop, but today they wouldn't, so I told Dave I couldn't go too far today and it was raining and I just wasn't in the mood for walking.

Came home, Zena's very quiet, she's sloped off to bed, so either she's sulking that she only got 40 mins or there's something wrong with her,although she did eat a handful of kibble, but she's not *right* I shall be keeping an eye on her.

Dave changed my cooker hood filter and I gave it a good clean. He's now decided he doesn't like his bath shower, which is good news for me, cos instead of 2 to clean, if he reverts back to using my propery shower, then that way I only have one to clean don't I So I've given his bathroom a good polishing up with the windowlene and it can now stay that way, apart from the loo and sink which he'll still use.

I might even treat myself to a bath this week cos I haven't had a bath for 2 years No wonder I have no friends around here in this new place

Well, roast beef smells divine, can't wait for lunch, and I've already made the yorkies, hope they hit the roof like they usually do.

I'd love to get a 3rd van, but it gets scary every January when I have to fork out all that plot rent to the park. It already costs me £8K a year atm, but another van will mean £12K and that's a very scarey prospect before the bookings start coming in. Never say never though. My ambition was to own half the park but I'm a long way off that yet.

Hope somebody has got my sunshine today, and enjoy a lovely Sunday everyone.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-04-2014, 10:33 AM
Good morning everyone, so glad to hear that most injuries/wounds/ailments are on the mend and that spirits in general seem to be high. Helena thanks for the encouragement with my burgeoning political career, I was wondering whether you might consider being my publicity agent (what with you having such a flair for it) I could do with someone to take the corners off my occasionally blunt northern wit and generally make me a more saleable commodity. Lynn - Breeds of dog which don't have a particularly high prey drive, but are blessed with a good level of intelligence (like Dillon) will soon learn that they have no success with chasing birds (as the little rascals cheat and tend to fly away) and soon learn to ignore them as not being worth the effort. Also birds in general don't have as strong a scent as ground dwelling rodents and the nearby presence of said rodents can be detected by a dog even when they have vanished from sight - so giving the dog a faint hope of success. The exception to this is with game-birds, pheasants, partridge, grouse etc. which carry a much stronger scent and being larger and slower to rise from cover do seem to present a greater temptation to dogs in general. My older lurcher bitch Gypsy is around livestock and poultry everyday of her life and never bats an eyelid she even sleeps in the orchard with the chickens on a sunny day. I have though lost count of the number of times she has emerged from rushes or brambles with a fat pheasant in her mouth and I am sure it is the increased scent that makes them so irresistable, she has never been encouraged to do this but there again I don't tell her off either (I have some great game recipies). There you have it - for what it's worth - my thoughts on the matter. I just hope you didn't find them too boring as I know I can go on a bit! bye fer now.
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »