Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2014, 07:23 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Yes that was a shame June, I shall certainly have a look on e bay or the local free whatever it is called.
Have a look on Gumtree in your area too I did,there is some on there
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2014, 07:25 PM
I am going to call it a day as my legs and ankles need rest as well as my knees. Have a lovely mothers day tomorrow everyone, Goodnight, God bless you all, night night.
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2014, 07:28 PM
Ive found this one June that doesnt need a mixer - melt the butter first.

Banana Bread Recipe

Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
Yield: Makes one loaf.

Add to shopping list
Ingredients

3 or 4 ripe bananas, smashed
1/3 cup melted butter
1 cup sugar (can easily reduce to 3/4 cup)
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour

Method

No need for a mixer for this recipe. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). With a wooden spoon, mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl. Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla. Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in. Add the flour last, mix. Pour mixture into a buttered 4x8 inch loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour. Cool on a rack. Remove from pan and slice to serve.
I use a potato masher to mash the bananas.

Youngest daughter just been down with a HUGE box of Thorntons choklit & a big bunch of Tulips. I feel sick now having dived into the choklits
Eldest daughter txt me & said Erm. Have you had a delivery today? No its not come yet so will probably have to wait till monday for her flowers
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-03-2014, 08:02 PM
Evening everyone - Just a few lines and then into dinner - gong has already sounded but I await the arrival of the Mem who seems to be taking her time this evening. It could be that she is tired from the strenuous efforts made by her gracious self in the emptying of my wallet inthe direction of the various stallholders at todays minor local festivities. Awash the place was, with enough scented candles to fill Westminster Abbey, a positive plethora of finely crafted tat all at hugely inflated prices, cards of all descriptions, glassware, paintings in oil and watercolour and more pics and prints than Reuters turn out in a decade. Purchases had to be made at all so that none should feel excluded even some decidedly dodgey looking scones that tomorrow will go directly to the hens (without passing Go or collecting £200) I sincerely hope that these delicacies don't knock them off lay! Outside there was the grand spectacle of no less than 3 brass bands playing in rotation, all equally skilled in as much as you couldn't quite tell what they were playing and to complement this caucophany there were the local Morris Dancers (Oh the things you see when you haven't got your gun!). After all this excitement it was home and changed and then the joy of open moorland and my little pack. Well it should have been till the creature to which I apply the name Scout (my ghastly fell pup) saw some one on the Bridleway further down the valley, the unwitting family had with them a pushchair and were tootling along admiring the scenery when the black beast of Saddleworth Moor burst out of the heather and took to attacking the wheels of their pushchair now it would seem that they were unfamiliar with the ways of terrier pups and instead of standing their ground took of like a bunch of startled rabbits. Thisof course caused great glee (as far as the pup was concerned) and it was about half a mile later that we eventually caught up with them and retrieved our horrid puppy. It transpired that they thought the terrier was attacking the pushchair wheels so that it could get at their precious offspring ensconced therein (when logic should have dictated that it was doing this because it a. hates everything with wheels and b. this is the only bit it could reach! Of course throughout the whole ridiculous performance Scout never tried to bite anyone or anything other than the wheels but they didn't seem impressed by this and so I may well be awaiting the lawsuit!!!!! Must leave as the Mem has called me in and we must dine! As always bye fer now.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-03-2014, 08:03 PM
Thanks Lynne, will do it on Monday. I'm cross with myself over not knowing when Mothers Day is, otherwise I too would be eating choklits, as it is I ate mine last week, and felt sick, but hey ho, you've got to eat them for manners haven't you
Nite Moyra, realised its 8pm and NO Sally
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2014, 08:33 PM
Evening everyone - or anyone actually!

I have have been spending the last hour trying to locate someone on Ancestry, and although I possibly have them in 1911 there is absolutely nothing prior to that I can only assume that he has been mistranscribed on two census returns which is maddening because it could take forever to find him ..............looks hopefully at Lynne

Hello TW; just spotted that you have very
kindly missed me!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-03-2014, 08:33 PM
Ripe and over-ripe bananas make easy ice-cream...
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-03-2014, 08:38 PM
Evening Gordon and Sally.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-03-2014, 08:39 PM
No room in any freezers at the moment, been for pet mince and got loadsa bones, however I will be abandoning most of said bones at training tomorrow, so mmmmm maybe....
Sally, Gordon was missing at the same time.....so was finking, then turned out he'd bought the local fete out and then spent the rest of the day capturing his 'killer' puppy
Lynne's busy eating choklit Sally, and tomorrow she'll be feeling very sick
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2014, 09:15 PM
Hello Lynn

TW how are those ribs today? As for Mothers Day, have you seen what they have sweetly decided would be good for us all to watch on telly? A Catchphrase Special, followed by Cilla Black and Surprise Surprise. Is that really what we are all worth
Page 5 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 >