Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2009, 04:21 PM

anyone do dog boarding?

I am looking for a sitter for my two whilst I go to Crufts, but I'm encountering problems. The lady who I have seen about having Loki in the past won't take two dogs, and Rio won't cope at night without Loki. My Mum only has a small house and not enough room for three dogs, besides she is having my kids! OH's parents may look after them and I will need a walker as they can't manage them, but they do have a huge garden. All the sitters I have found so far won't take unboostered dogs, which Loki is, so I can't use kennels either.

Any suggestions, or does anyone do pet sitting between Blackpool and Birmingham? We want to go for two nights, Saturday and Sunday.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2009, 04:42 PM
Oooh, there is a lady at training (in Fleetwood) who has a dog boarding business... I will look up her details for you!

She is the daughter of one of our trainers/committee members, but for the life of me I can't remember the company name!

As an aside, I would be happy to take them, as I don't think I'll be going to Crufts this year!
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2009, 04:53 PM
That's very kind of you, do you think Loki and Max could put aside their differences?

If you're serious (think about it, Mr Grumpy and his puppy sidekick as well as two crazy boxers!) let me know and we can get them together. I would really like someone who I already know to look after my babies.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2009, 04:54 PM
By the way, where is your training class? Loki is doing his good citizen bronze but it's really far away, a 40 mile round trip. When he finishes this course I may look into somewhere a little closer for his silver. Diesel costs and all that.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2009, 05:32 PM
We currently train at Farmer Parr's in Fleetwood, but may be moving to the cricket club in Fleetwood...

Same place Jean (with puppy Horace) trains when she isn't doing ringcraft - I'm sure you've seen her at ringcraft.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2009, 05:33 PM
Originally Posted by Loki's mum View Post
That's very kind of you, do you think Loki and Max could put aside their differences?

If you're serious (think about it, Mr Grumpy and his puppy sidekick as well as two crazy boxers!) let me know and we can get them together. I would really like someone who I already know to look after my babies.
We should try and get them together a few more times, see if the Misters Grumpy get on ok. I've had 5 Boxers for a weekend before, can't see your two being such hard work!
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2009, 06:08 PM
Originally Posted by IsoChick View Post
We currently train at Farmer Parr's in Fleetwood, but may be moving to the cricket club in Fleetwood...

Same place Jean (with puppy Horace) trains when she isn't doing ringcraft - I'm sure you've seen her at ringcraft.
What breed is Horace? I'll probably know her.

Originally Posted by IsoChick View Post
We should try and get them together a few more times, see if the Misters Grumpy get on ok. I've had 5 Boxers for a weekend before, can't see your two being such hard work!
5 Boxers? Are you mad????
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2009, 06:39 PM
Originally Posted by Loki's mum View Post
What breed is Horace? I'll probably know her.
He is a black and tan Griffon Bruxellois
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2009, 07:13 PM
Hmmm...doesn't ring any bells. He's probably been there I've just not noticed!
pingu007
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-01-2009, 08:05 PM
arr i love griffons! i went to the induction for the starter class at farmer parrs last night...me and betty start there next tuesday! ...we have been practising SIT!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >