View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tish's mum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-12-2008, 09:25 AM
My mum has an Irish Wolf hound and a rather large lurcher, and a little one. She doesn't have them on the bed but only because they are too big. I, however only have a little 13 week old puppy but because she hasn't started holding her poo in over night i won't allow in my bed at night because she does it on the carpet in my bedroom. Thats the only reason otherwise i would always have her there...then again i'm not sure my OH would approve lol
Leema
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-12-2008, 12:41 PM
My dogs sleep with me on occasions... Most nights they sleep in their crates beside the bed, but often have cuddles before and after sleep time (often when I'm waiting for my partner to come to bed, or when one of us has got up earlier than the other, they are on the bed).

Sometimes we decide to let one or both sleep on the bed the whole way through - but this is probably less than once a week. Mac really enjoys sleeping on the bed and under the covers when it's cold - and he's a great hot water bottle! Clover doesn't really seem to care about us when on the bed, even though she's much nicer to have on as she doesn't hog the blanket.
Woodstock
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-12-2008, 12:44 PM
I did wake up at 4am last night to discover our littlest doglet sneaking in next to me under the duvet and hoping i wouldn't notice if he lay very still and pretended to be a teddy bear. He was so adorable i couldn't possibly have kicked him out (plus he did work well as a furry hot water bottle as it was FREEZING last night!).
Willow
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-12-2008, 07:47 PM
Absolutely not in the house. They have their own posh beds and after the amount of mud, horse muck and everything else they get into on their walks I dont fancy that on my bed thanks !
Shih_Tzu_Lover
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-01-2009, 10:52 PM
Well. I have a shih tzu. Just small.
I let him sleep on my bed but;

He has a blanked folded in half at the bottom of my bed. When i'm awake he lies with me but when i go to sleep he MUST sleep on the blanket. When i wake up in the morning he is where i left him, on the blanket =]

Overall yes animals are animals but with good training they are okays. You just need that happy medium,
My friend has 4 rottweilers and she lets them sleep with her. She used the blanket technique. Its works well. The blanket is away from your face and main body parts..
It works,

Yes From Me
andy'sowner05
New Member!
Female 

21-01-2009, 10:54 PM
It's a yes for me! Even though my 5 pound dog takes up over half my queen size bed...I don't know how I would sleep without him. And I know how hard it is to believe he takes up that much room but he really does!!
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2009, 05:37 PM
Fiji is usually found in my bed most nights, and sometimes her daughter Kia too.
suew
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-01-2009, 07:14 PM
Frump always slept beside me on the floor in his bed, Flo on the floor at the end of the bed in her own bed. When Frump died, Flo looked so lost and lonely, that despite years of having dogs and them NEVER sleeping in our bed, my hubbie said "oh bless her, she looks so sad, let her up here" She has slept on our bed, tucking the spare part of the extra wide duvet we had to buy, around her, ever since. That was 5 and a half months ago, I couldnt possibly relegate her back to her own doggy bed now! So, eh, after years of saying no, that must be a yes then!
Rio
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-01-2009, 09:18 PM
I do not allow my dogs on the bed as i expect they would not like me in theirs lol besides the dog hairs is not nice to sleep with and a nightmare to get rid of so a definate no no.
CandyKooKoo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-01-2009, 08:09 AM
In winter my three sleep with me on the bed, but in summer when it is too hot (28-30) they sleep on the floor as the tiles are slightly cooler than the bed, next to the fly screen so if there is any air about they get it.
Page 11 of 45 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 > Last »